Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone want to do a Draft and Hold League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JonE and Kep. Can you please accept the fantrax invites

Comment

1 - kiwijohn
      2 - jone
      3 - circle360
      4 - cigar
      5 - kep@hq
      6 - BERSMR
      7 - old tom
      8 - soapsup
      9 - bowison
      10 - rjm713
      13 - doc 1966
      14 - maineskin
      15 - posada adventure

Comment

Originally posted by Posada Adventure View Post
        I’ll give everyone a heads up. I’m not working. I’m home constantly respecting this virus. I’m on top of my picks. Takes me only a few minutes. Not rushing anyone I just want those around me to be aware. Good luck.
        And that's not an issue for me. One or two guys picking fast isn't a problem. Hell, ALL of you picking in 5 seconds isn't a problem for me since I've got 4 hours to make my selection. But thanks for the warning.

I don't think it will take 50 days, being one round a day for 50 days. My guess is that the first 4 or 5 rounds go pretty fast. It's when we're digging for that 12th OF that it may slow down. If I had to take the over/under of 25 days, I'd take the under. Mostly because most of us are at home and bored to tears.
        What's the rumpus?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Tom View Post
          And that's not an issue for me. One or two guys picking fast isn't a problem. Hell, ALL of you picking in 5 seconds isn't a problem for me since I've got 4 hours to make my selection. But thanks for the warning.

I don't think it will take 50 days, being one round a day for 50 days. My guess is that the first 4 or 5 rounds go pretty fast. It's when we're digging for that 12th OF that it may slow down. If I had to take the over/under of 25 days, I'd take the under. Mostly because most of us are at home and bored to tears.

In our slow league. It took us about 6 weeks. Thats with most people not being home and the holidays. So id bet about 30 days at the most

Comment

I'm good to start Sunday and I'm good with 11 or 12, whichever is left for me

I am still working but all from home so I'll have the draft open all day on my laptop!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Tom View Post
              One or two guys picking fast isn't a problem. Hell, ALL of you picking in 5 seconds isn't a problem for me since I've got 4 hours to make my selection. But thanks for the warning.
              So let me see if I understand this, with a couple of hypothetical examples. Please correct me if any of these is wrong. For all of these, let's assume we are in round 2 on Tuesday. I check in before I go to bed at 10:30 pm (all times EDT), and I see that BERSMR has just picked and Kep is on the clock. He has until 10:30 AM Wednesday.

1. Everyone before me takes 5 minutes. Circle picks at 10:45 PM. I have until 10:45 AM Wednesday.
              2. Everyone before me takes 3 hours and 59 minutes. Kep doesn't pick until 10:29 AM, Cigar doesn't pick until 2:28 PM, Circle picks at 6:27 PM. I then would have until 10:27 PM Wednesday.
              3. Kep takes 2 hours (8:30 AM), Cigar takes 1 hour (9:30 AM), Circle takes 1 minute (9:31 AM). I have until 1:31 PM Wednesday.

Bottom line, if I check in every 3-1/2 hours during the time that the clock is running, I will never miss my turn. Right?

Comment

Originally posted by JonE View Post
                So let me see if I understand this, with a couple of hypothetical examples. Please correct me if any of these is wrong. For all of these, let's assume we are in round 2 on Tuesday. I check in before I go to bed at 10:30 pm (all times EDT), and I see that BERSMR has just picked and Kep is on the clock. He has until 10:30 AM Wednesday.

1. Everyone before me takes 5 minutes. Circle picks at 10:45 PM. I have until 10:45 AM Wednesday.
                2. Everyone before me takes 3 hours and 59 minutes. Kep doesn't pick until 10:29 AM, Cigar doesn't pick until 2:28 PM, Circle picks at 6:27 PM. I then would have until 10:27 PM Wednesday.
                3. Kep takes 2 hours (8:30 AM), Cigar takes 1 hour (9:30 AM), Circle takes 1 minute (9:31 AM). I have until 1:31 PM Wednesday.

Bottom line, if I check in every 3-1/2 hours during the time that the clock is running, I will never miss my turn. Right?

Jon

Ill give you the very simple answer

I set it up that you get email notifications from fantrax. So when you are up to pick. You will get an email from them. So you basically have to look at your email

Comment

Here are the basic guidelines here

15 team

5 x 5

HR
                  R
                  RBI
                  SB
                  AVG

Win
                  SV
                  K
                  ERA
                  WHIP

4 hr time limit.

Clock runs from 7 AM eastern til 11 PM eastern. If your up at at 1045 PM. You will have 11 HRs and 45 Min to pick. See 8 hrs of dead clock time. So that will show long on the time clock then. If your up between 11 and 7. You can still make your picks of course

Fantrax will email you when your up. So if you look at your email

You will see when your up. You dont have to look at the fatrax site every few hrs to see if your up

Once PB responds. I am PMing him now

Ill set the draft order and the draft time and the draft room will be open. Ill post here when thats done

Comment

Kep. Please accept the invite

Thanks Jon

Comment

Originally posted by circle360 View Post
                      Kep. Please accept the invite

Thanks Jon
                      Did that. Thanks.

Comment

Is the Draft Room open? I am getting error message when clicking to enter Draft Room. So starting tomorrow?

Comment

Sorry for being a laggard. I just let Circle know that I'll take position #12, which leaves #11.
                          2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

In my defense I was very busy [reviews last four hours] sitting around the house doing nothing.
                            2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

Originally posted by circle360 View Post
                              Here are the basic guidelines here

15 team

5 x 5

HR
                              R
                              RBI
                              SB
                              AVG

Win
                              SV
                              K
                              ERA
                              WHIP

4 hr time limit.

Clock runs from 7 AM eastern til 11 PM eastern. If your up at at 1045 PM. You will have 11 HRs and 45 Min to pick. See 8 hrs of dead clock time. So that will show long on the time clock then. If your up between 11 and 7. You can still make your picks of course

Fantrax will email you when your up. So if you look at your email

You will see when your up. You dont have to look at the fatrax site every few hrs to see if your up

Once PB responds. I am PMing him now

Ill set the draft order and the draft time and the draft room will be open. Ill post here when thats done
                              Originally posted by KEP@HQ View Post
                              Is the Draft Room open? I am getting error message when clicking to enter Draft Room. So starting tomorrow?

Like I said Kep

Once I hear from PB. Which I just did. Ill set the draft order and open the draft room

I cant open the draft room. When I dont have the final draft order

Thats why I post things and explain things.

Comment

The draft room is Open

Comment

Working...
                                X