Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone want to do a Draft and Hold League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5x5 draft-and-hold with weekly transactions is probably my preference. But, really, whatever works for everybody else is fine with me: 5x5, points, bizarro 9x9 combinations, 45-player active rosters with a 10-relief-pitcher requirement and six catchers, whatevs, as long as we do it in a reasonable slow-draft format like the one we just finished, so that I can pay attention to work when I need to and draft when I get a chance.

Whatever the format I will crush you all, see you driven before me, and hear the lamentations of your women.

(Or maybe I'll end up nailed to a tree in a desert, now that I think about what happens to Conan after he says that. In the year 2020 I shouldn't discount the downside scenario.)
    2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

• "You have accidentally selected Chris Sale. Contemplate that on the Tree of Woe."
      2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

• What OT's best friend said, minus the "I will crush you" part.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cigar View Post
          What OT's best friend said, minus the "I will crush you" part.
          He's not just my friend. HE'S MY BEST FRIEND!
          What's the rumpus?

Comment

• I humbly suggest that, in a day or two, after we have all PMd circle, that (a) he start a new thread in the Unclassified Ads forum to fill out any unclaimed spots, and (b) he, or someone else, start a new league thread in the Straight Drafting forum so we have a place to post irrelevant observations, complaints, and discussions of whether "best friend" is a title or a tier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Tom View Post
              Man, besides this one, I did two for Todd Zola and my H2H league drafted. So I've done four with three more to go. That may be enough for me.

But it was fun, and in fact, it was the most enjoyable draft I've ever had. So ask me in a few days!

You're gonna play, OT. You're gonna play, OT. ......................

Comment

• I am in for whatever is decided..

Comment

• In lieu of drafting yet another league, might I suggest we all fly over to jolly Ole' England and enter into this must-see, bucket list event:

This cheese rolling compilation features the most brutal wipeouts from the annual cheese rolling competition in the UK. This footage is being managed exclusi...

We can all submit two names who we'd most like to give a "head start nudge" to, in order to let them get the lay of the land, so to speak. Thoughts?
                  "Specious apologist" for everything Yankees and newly-elected Hall of Famer, five-time World Champion, five-time Gold Glove Award winner, and captain of the Bronx Bombers for twelve seasons - # 2, the great Derek "Just Enough" Jeter

___________ "Maybe it was a computer glitch." - Derek Jeter, upon learning that he had won a Gold Glove ____________

Founder/Commissioner, "Lou Piniella League" est'd 1988 & "LPL 2.0" est'd 2020
                  Snake, Mixed, Keeper, 34-man Rosters (15H, 11P, 8 Reserves)
                  Owner, DIAMOND CUTTERS - 10X Champions (1988-'89, 1992,'95, 2000-'01-'02, 2013,'15,'18)

Comment

• I vote that we 'nudge' OT on the flight over

Comment

• Originally posted by Howie M View Post
                      I'm no ratings expert, but I'd be amazed if tonight's NFL Round 1 doesn't get more eyeballs than Game 7 of the 2019 World Series.
                      Originally posted by circle360 View Post
                      I dont think it will go that high. But it could possibly be in the ballpark. 20 - 22 million?

2019 game 7 had 23+ million viewers

Last years day one of the draft did 11 million

15.6 Million across the 3 networks - ABC, ESPN, and NFL Network

up 37%

Last year 11.1 Million

Last night was a record by the way. So id say everyone is very happy

Previous highest 2014 draft - Manziel draft

Comment

• I'm up for another draft - 5X5 works for me if Fantrax can only do points.
                        Keeper league: 12 team mixed keeper 5X5 (R,HR,RBI,SB,OBP X QS,SV+HLD,ERA, WHIP, K/BB) - turn-based auction draft $260 budget
                        H2H league: 12 team mixed redraft 5X5 (R,HR,RBI,SB,OBP X W,SV+H, ERA, WHIP, K/9) - weekly category totals, not points

Comment

• Originally posted by circle360 View Post
                          15.6 Million across the 3 networks - ABC, ESPN, and NFL Network

up 37%

Last year 11.1 Million

Last night was a record by the way. So id say everyone is very happy

Previous highest 2014 draft - Manziel draft
                          Lar',

Doesn't that figure include ESPN Desportes and any streaming platforms?
                          "Specious apologist" for everything Yankees and newly-elected Hall of Famer, five-time World Champion, five-time Gold Glove Award winner, and captain of the Bronx Bombers for twelve seasons - # 2, the great Derek "Just Enough" Jeter

___________ "Maybe it was a computer glitch." - Derek Jeter, upon learning that he had won a Gold Glove ____________

Founder/Commissioner, "Lou Piniella League" est'd 1988 & "LPL 2.0" est'd 2020
                          Snake, Mixed, Keeper, 34-man Rosters (15H, 11P, 8 Reserves)
                          Owner, DIAMOND CUTTERS - 10X Champions (1988-'89, 1992,'95, 2000-'01-'02, 2013,'15,'18)

Comment

• Yes it does Rich

Just like rounds 2 and 3 averaged 8.2 million viewers across ABC, ESPN, NFL NETWORK, ESPN Deportes, & Digital.

That's up 40% from 2019

Comment

• I’m gonna pass on this one guys. Gonna take a rest & recharge my mind. Thanks again for the Fantrax league & good luck everyone. Stay safe!

Comment

• Lineups lock five minutes before the start of the first game, right?

Comment

Working...
                                X