Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone want to do a Draft and Hold League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I timed myself running a 4.49 down at the local high school and sent a tape around to the various teams. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

It is going to be a weird draft for those front-office guys, who are used to having complete 1,000% knowledge about these players. It'll be a bit of a step back towards drafts in the 60s and 70s when the draft hit the late rounds and front offices would look at college programs and all-star team selections and stats and sometimes pick some fairly random players, especially from the small schools.
    2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

• Originally posted by Howie M View Post
      I'm no ratings expert, but I'd be amazed if tonight's NFL Round 1 doesn't get more eyeballs than Game 7 of the 2019 World Series.

I dont think it will go that high. But it could possibly be in the ballpark. 20 - 22 million?

2019 game 7 had 23+ million viewers

Last years day one of the draft did 11 million

Comment

• Originally posted by Patioboater View Post
        As I said in the chat, I vote for taking the weekend off then firing up another one.
        Man, besides this one, I did two for Todd Zola and my H2H league drafted. So I've done four with three more to go. That may be enough for me.

But it was fun, and in fact, it was the most enjoyable draft I've ever had. So ask me in a few days!
        What's the rumpus?

Comment

• Originally posted by circle360 View Post
          If anyone is interested again

Shoot me a PM
          I'm in

Comment

• I' emailed Fantrax and see if I can make it even easier for us

To see if they can do a Best ball thats 5 x 5 . Not just points based

Comment

• 1) Cigar

Comment

• Yeah not points based for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

• I have another slow draft coming up so I have to pass, Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by Patioboater View Post
                    As I said in the chat, I vote for taking the weekend off then firing up another one. It's not as if we all need to make substantial changes to our rankings to reflect anything. (I would literally just make a copy of my Excel sheet and remove the highlighting. It should take me about five minutes to be ready for another draft.)

FWIW, these draft-and-hold leagues hardly take any time at all to manage during the season: five minutes if you just replace injured and/or ineffective guys once a week, and maybe ten minutes if you're streaming starting pitchers or dubious platoon hitters. You don't have any of the time needed to try to do trades, scrub the free-agent wire, etc. I guess if you really work hard at it you could spend an hour or two, but it wouldn't make your results any better.

BTW, how crazy is the NFL draft going to be? It's going to be like all of us sitting at home and drafting online.

Todd Mcshay wont be on tonight. He is recovering from Coronavirus.

Comment

Todd Mcshay wont be on tonight. He is recovering from Coronavirus.
                      Oh, wow. I hadn't heard that yet. Thanks for letting us know. I hope he's on the mend.

The "First Draft" podcast with him and Kiper is one of the things I regularly listen to in the lead-up to the draft.
                      2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

I' emailed Fantrax and see if I can make it even easier for us

To see if they can do a Best ball thats 5 x 5 . Not just points based

Best ball on fantrax is out. Only Points based

Comment

• Heck, I'd do points based.

Give me another week or two sitting here staring at the same walls and I'll be signing up for Russian table tennis or New Guinea darts championship league fantasy drafts.

Comment

• hahaha

Ive never done a points based before

Ok so ill do it this way

If your interested in going again

PM me if your interested

AND

if you would rather a 5 x 5 or points based best ball

Sound Fair?

Comment

• If we can't do categories w/best ball, I'd prefer 5x5, but either is OK.

Comment

• Ive never dont a points league. So not overly crazy about that type of league. Especially since that would take more work for people. Since its a different kind of list then we each used for the last draft

Comment

Working...
                                X