Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Anyone want to do a Draft and Hold League?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weekly lineups if season plays out, right?

Comment

• Weekly lineups 5 min before first game on monday

Comment

• Comment

• Hey Maine

what do you want for a team name? Just saw your post in chat

Comment

• Comment

• Well, what the hell do we do now?
              What's the rumpus?

Comment

• We need a group chat somewhere.

So I can vent. I dont want to get an email from Ray just saying REALLY? lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Tom View Post
                  Well, what the hell do we do now?
                  Watch the NFL draft for awhile, but then.......?

Comment

• As I said in the chat, I vote for taking the weekend off then firing up another one. It's not as if we all need to make substantial changes to our rankings to reflect anything. (I would literally just make a copy of my Excel sheet and remove the highlighting. It should take me about five minutes to be ready for another draft.)

FWIW, these draft-and-hold leagues hardly take any time at all to manage during the season: five minutes if you just replace injured and/or ineffective guys once a week, and maybe ten minutes if you're streaming starting pitchers or dubious platoon hitters. You don't have any of the time needed to try to do trades, scrub the free-agent wire, etc. I guess if you really work hard at it you could spend an hour or two, but it wouldn't make your results any better.

BTW, how crazy is the NFL draft going to be? It's going to be like all of us sitting at home and drafting online.
                    2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

• I forgot they have a chat on the home page.

Comment

• Id be up for that in a week PB

Its not like it took up a lot of time to prep. Plus its basically setting your lineup every sunday night for monday. SO not a ton of prep work.

Tonight is going to be interesting. I wonder if we will see a ton of trades. Since not everyone is in the same room

Comment

• If anyone is interested again

Shoot me a PM

Comment

• I'm no ratings expert, but I'd be amazed if tonight's NFL Round 1 doesn't get more eyeballs than Game 7 of the 2019 World Series.
                            NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
                            our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
                            a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

• I suspect we'll see similar trade action in the first round or two, since a lot of those deals are already worked out in advance, at least provisionally. It might be trickier in the later rounds when the time for each pick goes down. But usually front offices are in their own building anyway and working the phones to make a deal.

The biggest difference might be a spread in the player evaluations. I saw somewhere, somebody speculating that there won't be as much conventional wisdom about which players should go in which round, since a lot of that solidifies as GMs, coaches, scouts, etc., talk to one another at pro days. And by the same token, the usual pundits haven't been able to gather as much info from front offices and scouts about who they like or don't like. That might lead to a lot of guys going in surprising places.
                              2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

• Originally posted by Patioboater View Post
                                I suspect we'll see similar trade action in the first round or two, since a lot of those deals are already worked out in advance, at least provisionally. It might be trickier in the later rounds when the time for each pick goes down. But usually front offices are in their own building anyway and working the phones to make a deal.

The biggest difference might be a spread in the player evaluations. I saw somewhere, somebody speculating that there won't be as much conventional wisdom about which players should go in which round, since a lot of that solidifies as GMs, coaches, scouts, etc., talk to one another at pro days. And by the same token, the usual pundits haven't been able to gather as much info from front offices and scouts about who they like or don't like. That might lead to a lot of guys going in surprising places.

Well it depends on if a player slides and someone finally says screw it and makes a deal for him

See TUA. Ive seen him projected to go all over the place - 5th , 6th and Peter king had him going 13th. If he doesnt go 6th. It will be interesting to see what team moves up to make a deal for him

Your right the mocks are a ton of speculation this year. Since the players didnt have pro days. Most of them were done via ZOOM

Comment

Working...
                                X