2 robe48mc7
    3 agellin
    4 rjm713
    5 kep@hq
    6 creejohnson1870
    7 Posada Adventure
    14 rabohms
    15 circle360

Maineskin up to choose slot from among Picks 8-13.

Comment

1 bolton wanderer
      2 robe48mc7
      3 agellin
      4 rjm713
      5 kep@hq
      6 creejohnson1870
      7 Posada Adventure
      14 rabohms
      15 circle360

Comment

I’m going offline for a couple of hours. Give me the highest (earliest) pick after MaineSkin selects.
        "What we need in the United Stated is not hatred; what we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness but is love, and wisdom and compassion toward one another and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or whether they be black." -- Robert F. Kennedy, April 4, 1968, from a flatbed truck in Indianapolis, as he informed the crowd of the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I think MaineSkin also indicated by PM yesterday that he wanted the highest available pick. So would seem MaineSkin gets 8 and Phil 9 but MaineSkin can confirm.

Comment

Then I will take 13 again - same as last draft!
            Keeper league: 12 team mixed keeper 5X5 (R,HR,RBI,SB,OBP X QS,SV+HLD,ERA, WHIP, K/BB) - turn-based auction draft $260 budget
            H2H league: 12 team mixed redraft 5X5 (R,HR,RBI,SB,OBP X W,SV+H, ERA, WHIP, K/9) - weekly category totals, not points

Comment

In that case I’ll drop down to 12.
              2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

Originally posted by RABohms View Post
                I think MaineSkin also indicated by PM yesterday that he wanted the highest available pick. So would seem MaineSkin gets 8 and Phil 9 but MaineSkin can confirm.
                Correct. We gave him 8.

Comment

1 bolton wanderer
                  2 robe48mc7
                  3 agellin
                  4 rjm713
                  5 kep@hq
                  6 creejohnson1870
                  7 Posada Adventure
                  8 Maineskin
                  9 Phil@HQ
                  12 Patioboater
                  13 Doc1966
                  14 rabohms
                  15 circle360

Comment

Originally posted by agellin View Post
                    Yes, interesting strategy. Perhaps he'll comment on this move at some point. I think at #s 6,7, and 8, you have the least number of picks to wait until your next pick., so that may have something to do with his strategy.
                    OOPS, I meant to say #s 7,8, and 9, so there goes that theory.

Comment

Yes, interesting strategy. Perhaps he'll comment on this move at some point. I think at #s 6,7, and 8, you have the least number of picks to wait until your next pick., so that may have something to do with his strategy.
                      There were a couple of factors that went into this pick. I did an NFBC draft champions earlier this year and had pick 3 - which was my KDS preference. I was happy to get whichever of Yelich, Acuna, or Trout made it to me. Of course, the guy picking second took DeGrom so that was out the window. I didn't really like having my picks so close together as the draft went on. There are some other reasons as well which I will discuss after the draft

Comment

Originally posted by creejohnson1870 View Post
                        There were a couple of factors that went into this pick. I did an NFBC draft champions earlier this year and had pick 3 - which was my KDS preference. I was happy to get whichever of Yelich, Acuna, or Trout made it to me. Of course, the guy picking second took DeGrom so that was out the window. I didn't really like having my picks so close together as the draft went on. There are some other reasons as well which I will discuss after the draft

I kinda thought you were trying something out here. Which is the good things about these drafts.

Woahh to Degrom 2nd btw

Comment

Originally posted by creejohnson1870 View Post
                          Did you prefer taking whoever fell to you rather than having to choose between two of the three players, as a result of DeGrom being picked before you? I actually prefer drafting at the wheel. It's nice to have two picks in a row and I did so in two NFBC drafts this year but I thought it would be fun to try drafting with a high 1st round pick, which I never seem to get in the NFBC KDS.

Comment

Did you prefer taking whoever fell to you rather than having to choose between two of the three players, as a result of DeGrom being picked before you?
                            I liked being able to have any of those 3 and then have a higher pick in rd 2. I've done very few drafts - almost all auctions - so I'm definitely trying some things out as circle says. What I found at spot 3 is that a lot of guys I wanted were going in the space between my picks and then when it got to me I was sometimes pushing guys up slightly to get someone I liked where I saw some bargains going before my pick(s). That may just be the reality of drafting. It will be fun to see.

Comment

I had #1 in the KDS for the offseason slow draft and stayed there, so I find it to be a really interesting choice and #6 to be a good place to go if you don't have your heart set on one of the top two guys. FWIW, I see a couple of first-round plateaus in my own draft sheet, one around picks 3-7 and again around picks 9-13. So by that measure, if you do want to drop, #6 would be a good spot and that's also why I chose to drop from potentially #10 to #12 ... it leaves in still in good position for one of the players in what I see as the second plateau of the first round, and in decent position to pick up a slightly better player on the way back.

By sheer coincidence I ended up as one of the last KDS picks in the April league and made nearly the exact same decision, dropping from a potential #11 to #12, right next to doc1966. So I reckon we're going to be draft buddies again. That seemed to work out okay in the April draft. I don't recall too much sniping between us.
                              2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

I'll take 10. Sorry for the tardiness.

Comment

Working...
                                X