No announcement yet.

Draft and Hold League Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw the PM and this thread. If there’s still another slot left, I’m in.
    2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

NOW we're talkin'!!!
      "Specious apologist" for everything Yankees and newly-elected Hall of Famer, five-time World Champion, five-time Gold Glove Award winner, and captain of the Bronx Bombers for twelve seasons - # 2, the great Derek "Just Enough" Jeter

___________ "Maybe it was a computer glitch." - Derek Jeter, upon learning that he had won a Gold Glove ____________

Founder/Commissioner, "Lou Piniella League" est'd 1988 & "LPL 2.0" est'd 2020
      Snake, Mixed, Keeper, 34-man Rosters (15H, 11P, 8 Reserves)
      Owner, DIAMOND CUTTERS - 10X Champions (1988-'89, 1992,'95, 2000-'01-'02, 2013,'15,'18)

Comment

Just confirming: standard active roster and 27 man reserve? Standard 5x5 categories?
        "What we need in the United Stated is not hatred; what we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness but is love, and wisdom and compassion toward one another and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or whether they be black." -- Robert F. Kennedy, April 4, 1968, from a flatbed truck in Indianapolis, as he informed the crowd of the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by PHIL@HQ View Post
          Just confirming: standard active roster and 27 man reserve? Standard 5x5 categories?
          Yes and yes.

Comment

Originally posted by PHIL@HQ View Post
            Originally posted by agellin View Post
            Yes and yes.

Al is right

1 C
            1 1b
            1 2b
            1 ss
            1 3b
            1 Co
            1 Mi
            5 OF
            2 UT
            9 P

27 reserve

AVG
            HR
            RBI
            R
            SB

W
            SV
            WHIP
            ERA
            SO

Comment

Larry, you've got 1 C and 2 UT listed in your previous message...should it be 2 C and 1 UT?

Comment

Al I changed that in the last league. If you guys want 2 catchers and 1 UT im fine with that one.

With the draft and hold 2 catchers kinda stinks. I found this one out first hand. A catcher on your team gets hurt and your stuck having a backup catcher in you lineup that gets 6 AB's a week or something

Comment

I'm a purist, so I prefer two catchers but will go along with everyone else. Yes, you can get burned by a weak hitting catcher (or two) but that's part of the challenge.

Comment

I'm a purist, so I prefer two catchers but will go along with everyone else. Yes, you can get burned by a weak hitting catcher (or two) but that's part of the challenge.

Im fine either way

When we get 15. You guys can decide.

I get the being burned part. Its just a lot worse in a draft and hold. I think it was Pb last yr. He took Sal Perez and lost him for the year and had backups for the rest of the year basically. That kinda changed my mindset on it in this format

But like I said. After we get 15. We can do a poll for 1 or 2 catchers. Im fine with any decision

Comment

Last year, with the HR explosion there were 32 catchers that had 10 or more home runs...catching is not as weak a hitting position as it once was.

Comment

I"m OK either way re: 1 or 2 Cs.

Comment

Originally posted by Patioboater View Post
                          Just saw the PM and this thread. If there’s still another slot left, I’m in.
                          Calling OT!

Comment

Last year, with the HR explosion there were 32 catchers that had 10 or more home runs...catching is not as weak a hitting position as it once was.
                            I'm not a purist - I don't find getting a second catcher or a backup any fun at all. Taking the top 15 catchers plus one or two backups each pretty much exhausts the pool of usable offensive players at the position.
                            Keeper league: 12 team mixed keeper 5X5 (R,HR,RBI,SB,OBP X QS,SV+HLD,ERA, WHIP, K/BB) - turn-based auction draft $260 budget
                            H2H league: 12 team mixed redraft 5X5 (R,HR,RBI,SB,OBP X W,SV+H, ERA, WHIP, K/9) - weekly category totals, not points

Comment

I suspect that Hank Aaron (at age 85) may have been able to hit 10 HRs last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigar View Post
                                I suspect that Hank Aaron (at age 85) may have been able to hit 10 HRs last year.
                                Well sure, but stick him behind the plate and I suspect base stealers would run on him.
                                2021 Teams: Pandemic Petrels - 15-team mixed redraft (HQ Forum Masters); Patioboater's Puddle Ducks - 15-team, mixed, slow-draft-and-hold (HQ Slow Winter Draft); Regal Beagles - AL keeper (I-96 League), on hold for 2020.

3x Champion of the Forum Masters League, 2x Champion of the HQ Slow Draft League - Sic transit gloria mundi

Comment

Working...
                                X