Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new features did the Upgrade bring us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bankerboy
    replied
    Curious what the white dashes are below the user names? Didn't give them any thought and then noticed that OT has 2 orange dashes.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Yeah, I think that's a good call. I probably can move the Forum Rules link up to that black space next to 'Forums'. I'll work on that this week.

I think I've got a lead on the 'Mark all channels read' thing, too. It doesn't seem like I can move it to the top (its former location), but I think I'm going to be able to add it to all pages, so that (for instance) it shows at the bottom of the 'What's New' list... so you can at least click 'What's new', scan that list/read what you want, and then mark all as read before you leave.

Stay tuned... will take another crack at that stuff in next couple of days.

Leave a comment:

• Whistler
    replied
    I was wondering if you could tighten up the space on the Forums home page. There is a lot of unnecessary wasted space between the "Forums Home" first bar (just above "whats New) and the HQ Pulse, where the forums begin. Then when you open the page you could see the beginning for the forums.

In the first Forums home bar at the top, in the black space next to it you could put the "please respect all forum rules" notice, so that it doesnt take up so much white space below.

Then, just below where the Forum Rules is now, there is the title Forums, then another bar below that that says "forums", that appears to serve no purpose. Get rid of that line?

Point is, I think tightening up the Forums home page initial screen would look much more accessible and informative. Hope you can do it when you get around to it! Thanks for the consideration

Leave a comment:

• Howie M
    replied
    nice work, Ray!

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    I added a twitter embedding button on the formatting bar. And it works! See... just paste the url of a tweet in between the tweet tags:

Next, working on the old 'mark forums read' functionality.

Leave a comment:

• g8kenney
    replied
    Thank all of you for working to make the new Forum better. I have found that whenever there is an "upgrade" a big part of the change is simply things not where they used to be and it is annoying. However, I would guess in a couple of weeks or so things will smooth out. I treasure this forum for our civility, our sharing experiences, and the things I learn from you all.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Originally posted by Whistler View Post
    Also if you checked mark channels read, that cannot be undone, so now nothing appears in What's New, even though I have not read some of the strings.
    That was the case with "Mark all as read" too.

There is now a "mark channel as read" at the bottom of each channel... which obviously is tedious, but if you wanted to just mark a channel as read while you were in it, you could do that.

Leave a comment:

• Whistler
    replied
    Also if you checked mark channels read, that cannot be undone, so now nothing appears in What's New, even though I have not read some of the strings.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Believe me, I do understand. I used that all the time on the top of the page. I haven't been able to do anything with it so far... touch it, move it, make it bold, etc. I'm still after it...

Leave a comment:

• usualsuspects
    replied
    Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
    Again, it's there, just at the bottom of the forums, not it's old spot at the top. From what I've seen so far, it's not movable. Still looking into it, though.
    Ray, I think the difference is when it was on top, it was on top of every page. Versus now it is on the bottom of only the home page. So what is lost, is ability to list topics with new posts and then mark them as read from that page, instead of pulling back to the home page to do it. I think. Hopefully bankerboy or someone else would confirm that.

Wherever it is, it is kind of hard to see. Even if it cannot be moved, or duplicated, could it get a bigger, bolder font perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Again, it's there, just at the bottom of the forums, not it's old spot at the top. From what I've seen so far, it's not movable. Still looking into it, though.

Leave a comment:

• usualsuspects
    replied
    Originally posted by bankerboy View Post
    Hey Ray - two additional questions/requests. (and of course that's for the What's new tweak!) On the old what's new, it would have a break between what was new since the last time you viewed the 'what's new', but also any older posts that hadn't been read. This was very useful at a glance to know what had been posted since you were last on. Any way to add that to the what's new component?

Also, is there a way to mark a post read without having to enter it? There are certain posts I may choose not to read, but don't want it 'clogging' my What's New view.
    Another vote to restore the “mark all posts as read” button!

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Hey Ray - two additional questions/requests. (and of course that's for the What's new tweak!) On the old what's new, it would have a break between what was new since the last time you viewed the 'what's new', but also any older posts that hadn't been read. This was very useful at a glance to know what had been posted since you were last on. Any way to add that to the what's new component?
    Ah, interesting. I do recall that. I'm noticing that I'm seeing bolded/not bolded thread titles in Whats New, and I wasn't sure why. Perhaps that has something to do with this? I'll look into it.

Also, is there a way to mark a post read without having to enter it? There are certain posts I may choose not to read, but don't want it 'clogging' my What's New view.
    Was there before? I can see the utility, just don't remember being able to do this.

Leave a comment:

• bankerboy
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Originally posted by Whistler View Post

So, in the Clubhouse forum main page, there are three stickies at the top of the scroll, from 2007, 2009, and 2010. There are scattered ones elsewhere.
    Oh, gotcha. Yes, time for those to go. Deleted most of them just now. The 'Do you only see three forums' one is still relevant, so left that there. All others should be gone...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X