Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new features did the Upgrade bring us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Login issues wouldn't be related to what's read/not, unless you did some reading while you weren't logged in (only in the forums you can see while not logged in.)

When you go to the 'what's new' list, what specifically are you clicking to move into the thread you want to read?

I clicked into this one from the Whats New list, using the blue circle, and was brought to Bohm's post. And then I scrolled down to see yours.

Leave a comment:

• Whistler
    replied
    Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
    "Mark all channels read" affects both of those things.

Yes, it clears the 'what's new' list, because it's marking every thread in the forums as if you have actually read everything. Within each subforum, it's also taking away the blue indicator indicating unread posts.

It is ALSO essentially putting the point at which you've read up to, in each and every thread, at the (current) end of the thread. So after clicking 'mark all channels read', if a thread gets updated, and you go to 'what's new' and see that thread and click on the blue icon, you're going to be brought to the very last (newest) post in the thread, because that's the only 'new' one since you clicked 'mark all channels read', regardless of what point in the thread you had actually read up to.

(This is the same way 'mark all as read' worked pre-upgrade, too.)
    Sorry, doesn't work that way for me. For example, when I opened up this thread, both you and Bohm had responded (since the last time I clicked "Mark all channels read", which I did for the first time earlier today to see what it did). This thread appeared in "what's new" with two posts. In this thread, it took me to Bohm's Post #63, rather than your post #62, which I had not read. IN this case, it was only one away, so easy to scroll back to where we left off. If there are multiple posts however, it is painful to scroll through a bunch of unread posts to see where you left off the conversation.

Sounds like Bohm having the same problem. I can live with it, but it is not ideal, and a minus compared to the previous version.

I wonder if it has anything to do with sign-ins/logins. For some reason yesterday, HQ forums did not recognize my signin, and I had to reset my password to get in. Happened again today. Is it possible that it is not recognizing my user name on the forums and thus not re-setting to last unread post of that user name?

Leave a comment:

• RABohms
    replied

Yes, it clears the 'what's new' list, because it's marking every thread in the forums as if you have actually read everything. Within each subforum, it's also taking away the blue indicator indicating unread posts.

It is ALSO essentially putting the point at which you've read up to, in each and every thread, at the (current) end of the thread. So after clicking 'mark all channels read', if a thread gets updated, and you go to 'what's new' and see that thread and click on the blue icon, you're going to be brought to the very last (newest) post in the thread, because that's the only 'new' one since you clicked 'mark all channels read', regardless of what point in the thread you had actually read up to.

Not sure if it is just working for some and not others but I have already marked all threads read, using what's new, and the arrows to go to the latest unread post and it just always brings me to the last post of the thread. I've already gotten used to it and just scroll back up to make sure I read everything but obviously I would prefer if this were functioning for the way it used to before the update.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Whistler
    replied
    That's not it. When I click "Mark all channels read," what it does is eliminate any post from appearing when you click "what's new."

What I'm referring to is when all unread channels are showing when I click "What's New." Then, when I click on the double arrows, it takes me to the last post, not the last unread post. So I have to scroll back to find the other posts I have not read yet. In the previous version, when you clicked "Unread posts," it took you to your last unread post.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    No problem. Click on 'forums home' at the top left. Scroll down. Below the list of forums, there's a link 'Mark all channels read'. If you click that, you're marking all threads read, i.e. your read status on all threads is updated. So after you do that, if you leave and come back, click on 'what's new' and get the list of updated threads... if you click on the blue circle next to any of thread in that list, you'll be brought to only the threads that are new since you 'marked all channels read'.

There is no undo for 'mark all channels read', btw.

Leave a comment:

• Whistler
    replied

That's not how it's working for me. Obviously it take me to the most recent post if there's only one new one since I last read the thread, but if there is more than one new one, it's taking me to the first new one... as it should.

Maybe you marked all forums read more recently than you think, so the last read location got reset on you?
    Sorry to be dense. What do you mean by "maybe you marked all forums read?" Where would I do that? Or undo that?

Leave a comment:

• RABohms
    replied

That's not how it's working for me. Obviously it take me to the most recent post if there's only one new one since I last read the thread, but if there is more than one new one, it's taking me to the first new one... as it should.

Maybe you marked all forums read more recently than you think, so the last read location got reset on you?
    I have the same issue, this has not worked correctly for me since the update.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Originally posted by Whistler View Post

It takes me to the last post, not the last unread post

Leave a comment:

• Whistler
    replied

If you click on the blue double-arrow icon (rather than the thread title itself), it should take you to last unread post.
    It takes me to the last post, not the last unread post

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Originally posted by Whistler View Post

On another note, when moving from What's New to click on an unread forum post, it goes to the most recent post, not the most recent unread post (as in the old days). Is there a setting I am missing?
    If you click on the blue double-arrow icon (rather than the thread title itself), it should take you to last unread post.

Leave a comment:

• Whistler
    replied
    Oh wait, I see. If I go from Whats New to the list of unread forum posts, and click on that Blue link, there are no post numbers. However, if I click on the tiny little blue arrow at the right and go to the last post, the forum post #s are there.

Leave a comment:

• Whistler
    replied
    Where would I look for the post #?

On another note, when moving from What's New to click on an unread forum post, it goes to the most recent post, not the most recent unread post (as in the old days). Is there a setting I am missing?

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    How about now?

Leave a comment:

• Whistler
    replied
    I'm not seeing it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X