Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new features did the Upgrade bring us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will be nice to get rid of the stickies when you can

Comment

Sorry, which 'stickies'?

Comment

Question about the navigation - I am now using the What's New again which does seemingly replicate the old functionality. However, is there a way once in an unread thread to get directly to the last read post in that thread? I feel like I was able to do that before but can't figure it out now. Right now, once in an unread thread, I'm clicking latest activity and essentially reading backwards from the last post in the thread whereas before I could jump directly to where I had last read in a thread and then read to the end of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
          Sorry, which 'stickies'?
          So, in the Clubhouse forum main page, there are three stickies at the top of the scroll, from 2007, 2009, and 2010. There are scattered ones elsewhere.

Comment

Yes, when you get the list unread threads after clicking 'What's new', use the little down arrow (looks like two v's stacked vertically) icon next to the last spot in the thread. That will allow you to read in the correct order (forward) from the last time you were in the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler View Post

So, in the Clubhouse forum main page, there are three stickies at the top of the scroll, from 2007, 2009, and 2010. There are scattered ones elsewhere.
              Oh, gotcha. Yes, time for those to go. Deleted most of them just now. The 'Do you only see three forums' one is still relevant, so left that there. All others should be gone...

Comment

Hey Ray - two additional questions/requests. (and of course that's for the What's new tweak!) On the old what's new, it would have a break between what was new since the last time you viewed the 'what's new', but also any older posts that hadn't been read. This was very useful at a glance to know what had been posted since you were last on. Any way to add that to the what's new component?

Also, is there a way to mark a post read without having to enter it? There are certain posts I may choose not to read, but don't want it 'clogging' my What's New view.
                "The problem with quotes found on the internet is that it is nearly impossible to verify the source." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bankerboy View Post
                  Hey Ray - two additional questions/requests. (and of course that's for the What's new tweak!) On the old what's new, it would have a break between what was new since the last time you viewed the 'what's new', but also any older posts that hadn't been read. This was very useful at a glance to know what had been posted since you were last on. Any way to add that to the what's new component?
                  Ah, interesting. I do recall that. I'm noticing that I'm seeing bolded/not bolded thread titles in Whats New, and I wasn't sure why. Perhaps that has something to do with this? I'll look into it.

Also, is there a way to mark a post read without having to enter it? There are certain posts I may choose not to read, but don't want it 'clogging' my What's New view.
                  Was there before? I can see the utility, just don't remember being able to do this.

Comment

Another vote to restore the “mark all posts as read” button!
                    http://youtu.be/YtpkrIS4Sig?hd=1

Comment

Again, it's there, just at the bottom of the forums, not it's old spot at the top. From what I've seen so far, it's not movable. Still looking into it, though.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                        Again, it's there, just at the bottom of the forums, not it's old spot at the top. From what I've seen so far, it's not movable. Still looking into it, though.
                        Ray, I think the difference is when it was on top, it was on top of every page. Versus now it is on the bottom of only the home page. So what is lost, is ability to list topics with new posts and then mark them as read from that page, instead of pulling back to the home page to do it. I think. Hopefully bankerboy or someone else would confirm that.

Wherever it is, it is kind of hard to see. Even if it cannot be moved, or duplicated, could it get a bigger, bolder font perhaps?
                        http://youtu.be/YtpkrIS4Sig?hd=1

Comment

Believe me, I do understand. I used that all the time on the top of the page. I haven't been able to do anything with it so far... touch it, move it, make it bold, etc. I'm still after it...

Comment

Also if you checked mark channels read, that cannot be undone, so now nothing appears in What's New, even though I have not read some of the strings.

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler View Post
                              Also if you checked mark channels read, that cannot be undone, so now nothing appears in What's New, even though I have not read some of the strings.
                              That was the case with "Mark all as read" too.

There is now a "mark channel as read" at the bottom of each channel... which obviously is tedious, but if you wanted to just mark a channel as read while you were in it, you could do that.

Comment

Thank all of you for working to make the new Forum better. I have found that whenever there is an "upgrade" a big part of the change is simply things not where they used to be and it is annoying. However, I would guess in a couple of weeks or so things will smooth out. I treasure this forum for our civility, our sharing experiences, and the things I learn from you all.
                                NL only, auction,11 owners, traditional 5x5 keeper, 14/9 roster, $260, 1050 innings, 10 player reserve, 30%-40% inflation, 30th year of league, $50 FAAB.

Comment

Working...
                                X