Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new features did the Upgrade bring us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bankerboy
    replied
    So I've turned off the autosubscribe feature. Any way to 'mass delete' existing subscriptions? I'm almost to 60 pages.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Huh, that's weird. I get mixed behavior with back button... sometimes the items are gone, sometimes there's still in the list but no longer bolded after I've read them.

Leave a comment:

• MilwBraves
    replied
    I do use the back button; only click on "What's new" when I first enter the forum.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Subscription just gives you 'notification' (either in the top bar above, or via email if you have that said) when there is a new post in a topic you've subscribed to.

"What's New" is only going to show threads that have entries in them since you last visited the thread. So if you click "What's new", then go into a thread, then "What's New" again, the thread you visited in between won't be in the "What's New" list the 2nd time you click it. I find that using the back button (rather than cicking "What's new" the 2nd time) to go back to your original "What's new" list is one way to get around that.

Leave a comment:

• MilwBraves
    replied
    I'll also bite! What is a subscription and what happens if I click on "subscribe when posting"? And while I'm at it, after I open a forum topic and then go back to the "what's new" home page, that topic has disappeared. How can I keep that topic from immediately disappearing?

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Click the little down arrow/triangle under your name at the top right.

Leave a comment:

• Howie M
    replied
    Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
    You can turn it off within a thread at the top right of the first page, above the first post. There's either a checkmark with the word 'subscribed', or the option to "+subscribe".

Under User Settings, Notifications, I have options to 'automatically subscribe' when I post in a thread, which I have turned off. That should stop new subscriptions.

For old ones, go to Your Profile/Subscribed/Edit Subscribed, and you can turn off notifications on all recent threads.
    I'll bite, where does one find "User Settings"? (asking for a friend)

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Yeah, I’m having that same problem with old subscriptions too. Definitely annoying.

Leave a comment:

• JonE
    replied
    I had already found that "automatically subscribe" option and unchecked it. It was getting rid of the old subscriptions -- which didn't seem to be bothersome on the old version -- that was problematic. Thanks, Ray!

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    You can turn it off within a thread at the top right of the first page, above the first post. There's either a checkmark with the word 'subscribed', or the option to "+subscribe".

Under User Settings, Notifications, I have options to 'automatically subscribe' when I post in a thread, which I have turned off. That should stop new subscriptions.

For old ones, go to Your Profile/Subscribed/Edit Subscribed, and you can turn off notifications on all recent threads.

Leave a comment:

• JonE
    replied
    I really did try to find the answer myself...

How do I turn off notifications for threads I have subscribed to? For that matter, how do I turn off subscribe to threads I've responded to? I don't see either option on the User Settings | Notification page.

Leave a comment:

• Frank_Noto
    replied
    Well, I'm glad it's not just me! I'm sure this will all get straightened out. And there's no better time to do it than the offseason.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Yeah, I called them arrows earlier, so I'm definitely responsible for that confusion. Glad you're both all set! On to the next issue...

(And yes, I wish the circle was bigger...)

Leave a comment:

• Whistler
    replied
    Same here. I was clicking first the thread, then the two arrows to the right (which is what I thought the previous instruction was), and always came to last post. But it is the two arrows pointing down in the circle that takes you to first unread post, I didn't even see that circle.

Problem fixed! Just not intuitive, nor obvious, and small (the circle). But now I know what to do.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• RABohms
    replied
    Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
    Login issues wouldn't be related to what's read/not, unless you did some reading while you weren't logged in (only in the forums you can see while not logged in.)

When you go to the 'what's new' list, what specifically are you clicking to move into the thread you want to read?

I clicked into this one from the Whats New list, using the blue circle, and was brought to Bohm's post. And then I scrolled down to see yours.
    Well now I feel like a dope. I was not clicking the blue circle, I was clicking the blue arrows in the last post section! This is working for me now haha

Leave a comment:

Working...
X