Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Newest columns are always in the slideshow. Then they fall down into the 'Recent Headlines' area.

Or you can scroll to the bottom of the home page and check out the 'latest from' boxes. New columns should have orange links, ones you've read already will be blue/purple.

Leave a comment:

• RMortis
    replied
    Is there a quick way to get to all of the info posted today. (Or any day in the future, obviously!)

I'm having a little trouble finding today's relevant info.

Leave a comment:

• HoyaSaxa
    replied
    Originally posted by hgnyc View Post
    i'd still love to skip the drop down picture bar thing and just go with a list of today's new stories. "it's 4/4 and here they are: Facts/flukes, rotisserie, etc.. "

keep it simple. I frequently read this on my android phone and the scrolling photo thing just makes me curse. Thanks!
    agree!

Leave a comment:

• rugby12901
    replied
    I love the new site, but the new articles slideshow is very annoying.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Sorry, the pics and the scroll are staying.

Leave a comment:

• hgnyc
    replied
    I'd still love to skip the drop down picture bar thing and just go with a list of today's new stories. "it's 4/4 and here they are: facts/flukes, Rotisserie, etc.. "

keep it simple. I frequently read this on my android phone and the scrolling photo thing just makes me curse. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    HS... shouldn't have to log in to the forums every time. There's a "remember me" box next to the username/password boxes, try that. If that's not working, it's a cookie permission issue that's tripping you.

Leave a comment:

• HoyaSaxa
    replied
    Great job on the revamp. Some tweaks suggested: List the new on bbhq items in text as well as 'scrolling pictures at the top" - at work desktop have to wait for them as little circle buttons below dont show.
    Always have to log in at forums - and that damn facebook icon covers where I type in user name.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    OK, we've put a one-second delay on the top popup menu now. I think it's a lot more forgiving as a result. Curious to know what you guys think.

Leave a comment:

• andyk122
    replied
    Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
    Can't disable it, no. But we're trying to make it a little less sensitive.
    Regarding the drop down bar...it's driving me crazy. It really makes the whole site difficult to use. Maybe they can move it up to the very top or something?

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    No, I'm sorry, it can't. If other people tell me it's not working, that's one thing, I'll get that looked at. But we put a number of days of development time into cleaning up the printing of both articles, the draft guides, and the draft grid. The printing code for all of those things is shared. I can't just pull out one piece of it in the way you're suggesting.

Leave a comment:

• tallsavage
    replied
    Ray - could the bullet 'fix' be un-fixed? Before the fix i only had to copy and paste the F/F articles, now i have to copy and paste all articles to print.
    Please?

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    It's definitely our biggest two weeks of the year in terms of volume. We've been doing some tuning in the background trying to keep it peppy, but you'll definitely see it a little slower now than you would in, say, November.

Leave a comment:

• mbalut
    replied
    anyone else think the site is running a little slow these days? Both at home and work it seems to take a few seconds to change pages within the site.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    I've tried, other HQ staffers have tried, our developers have tried. We believe it's working.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X