CSV Download Files - Missing Variables & Changes - Please Change Back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post

For sure, a fair point. And it allows me to explain a little more of the projection process.

That .104 BA for Arroyo is in fact, exactly the baseline projection I uploaded to the site for him. So tha'ts not a site issue, that's a projection adjustment issue. These site/CSV calc issues have obscured the projections issues, so I couldn't separate those out. Now that the CSVs are clean, it's easier to spot issues like Arroyo.

Now, truth be told, I may not clean up every projection like Arroyo right away, as long as he stays at 5% projected playing time. But, if it gets to be mid-March and it looks like he might make the Opening Day roster, and our MIL PT analyst bumps that 5% to 30%... then you'll see that projection cleaned up pretty quickly.

Everything I wrote in the last two grafs is normal pre-season projection maintenance for me. That's the bottom line here... the process should be normal going forward.
    Thanks... That makes perfect sense. So, as it relates to what I wrote here

Originally posted by Timmeh49 View Post
    Having a reasonable projection -- even for these lower-ish PA guys -- is important for me (and probably others), because I also calculate a "full time" dollar value (scale up to 550 PA for players projected to fewer than 550) for all players. This helps me identify end-game purchases or reserve picks.
    The "clean ups" you mention above don't really matter to me right now, but they will matter alot more mid-March. So all is good.

Thanks again for the clarification​.
    * 10-team AL-only, auction ($260 budget), 2 yr contracts wi/toppers, max 13 freezes, $100 FAAB with weekly auctions, 4x4 with hybrid categories
    * 14H/9P (+8 reserve draft), with liberal movement between active and reserve rosters
    * Hitting: OBP, HR, RP, BADV = SB+2B+2*3B
    * Pitching: ERA, SV+HLD, QIP = 2*IP-baserunners, WQG = W+QO+CG (
    QO = 5/6/8 IP with 2/3/4 ER or fewer)

Comment

Working...
    X