Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new features did the Upgrade bring us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I added a twitter embedding button on the formatting bar. And it works! See... just paste the url of a tweet in between the tweet tags:

Next, working on the old 'mark forums read' functionality.

Comment

nice work, Ray!
      NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
      our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
      a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

I was wondering if you could tighten up the space on the Forums home page. There is a lot of unnecessary wasted space between the "Forums Home" first bar (just above "whats New) and the HQ Pulse, where the forums begin. Then when you open the page you could see the beginning for the forums.

In the first Forums home bar at the top, in the black space next to it you could put the "please respect all forum rules" notice, so that it doesnt take up so much white space below.

Then, just below where the Forum Rules is now, there is the title Forums, then another bar below that that says "forums", that appears to serve no purpose. Get rid of that line?

Point is, I think tightening up the Forums home page initial screen would look much more accessible and informative. Hope you can do it when you get around to it! Thanks for the consideration

Comment

Yeah, I think that's a good call. I probably can move the Forum Rules link up to that black space next to 'Forums'. I'll work on that this week.

I think I've got a lead on the 'Mark all channels read' thing, too. It doesn't seem like I can move it to the top (its former location), but I think I'm going to be able to add it to all pages, so that (for instance) it shows at the bottom of the 'What's New' list... so you can at least click 'What's new', scan that list/read what you want, and then mark all as read before you leave.

Stay tuned... will take another crack at that stuff in next couple of days.

Comment

Curious what the white dashes are below the user names? Didn't give them any thought and then noticed that OT has 2 orange dashes.
            "The problem with quotes found on the internet is that it is nearly impossible to verify the source." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by bankerboy View Post
              Curious what the white dashes are below the user names? Didn't give them any thought and then noticed that OT has 2 orange dashes.
              I haven't figured that out yet, either. OT, what's your secret?

Comment

Originally posted by bankerboy View Post

I think OT was trolling for “likes”.

Let us see if I can get you an orange stripe of your own here,
                http://youtu.be/YtpkrIS4Sig?hd=1

Comment

I think usual is correct: the white dashes respond to the number of likes you get. I am personally liking a lot of Patioboater posts just to fuel the rivalry with Old Tom. They don't need the help, but that doesn't mean I won't provide it.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post

I haven't figured that out yet, either. OT, what's your secret?
                    Hmm - you have them too now! It's catching!
                    "The problem with quotes found on the internet is that it is nearly impossible to verify the source." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I'm a tiny bit concerned that all the twitter posts will soak up MB and strain server response time in bringing up posts. Happy to hear if that is an unfounded fear

Comment

I've read some about that happening on other forums. We'll keep an eye on it. Plenty of tools at our disposal if that becomes an issue.

Comment

Still trying to get used to the new look. Is there some way to designate those threads in which I've written a post? The old system had that and I found it very helpful and I definitely miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwBraves View Post
                            Still trying to get used to the new look. Is there some way to designate those threads in which I've written a post? The old system had that and I found it very helpful and I definitely miss it.
                            Yes, in the forum list (or I think in the 'What's new?' view as well (although I just cleared mine so can't be sure), there's a green checkmark on the thread icon on the left if you've posted in the thread. If you mouse over that icon, it also tells you how many posts you have in the thread.

Comment

Is there some way I can make the font size larger in all the posts. I'm getting eyestrain with reading this tiny type. Something like this would be so much help.
                              "Can't anybody here play this game?" The old Perfessor

Comment

Originally posted by Kasey View Post
                                Is there some way I can make the font size larger in all the posts. I'm getting eyestrain with reading this tiny type. Something like this would be so much help.
                                Use the zoom in your browser. Type Ctrl++.

Comment

Working...
                                X