Custom draft guide confusion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom draft guide confusion.

I have entered in my league info and I am getting some wierd rankings for hitters. Categories are HR, RBI, R, SO, OPS, SB, AVG, 10 Teams AL and NL, 3 OF 1,2,3,SS, util, 9 pitchers. some examples for hitters it has Jeff Keppinger at $41 and Matt Kemp at -$2. what am I doing wrong?

I'm not a tech guy but it probably has to do with Strikeouts. Those should be weighted negatively, I think. Just for kicks, take out K's, run the other categories, and see what you get.
    Let every child available for adoption become eligible for adoption..

Comment

Yeah that changed everything, now Matt Kemp is a $46 player. That seems messed up to me that it can affect the rankings that much for just ONE CATEGORY. Wow, have to rethink this entire custom draft guide...

Comment

Yeah strikeouts for batters make the CDG do very weird things. A tip Ray gave me was to change the weighting of them from the default 1 to .33 or .5 and you will get much more realistic results. Play around and see what it looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by tavo2311 View Post
          Yeah strikeouts for batters make the CDG do very weird things. A tip Ray gave me was to change the weighting of them from the default 1 to .33 or .5 and you will get much more realistic results. Play around and see what it looks like.
          Yes, this is the way to handle this.

Comment

I ran the Custom Draft Guide and it showed Prince Fielder at $13. The parameters I set up were BA, HR, RBI, R, SB and BB. His projections are similar to Cabrera and Pujols who are at $39 and $30 respectfully. Why such a low value for Fielder?
            AL only keeper league, 10 teams. $270 cap. Positions - 5 OF, 1B, 3B, CO, 2B, SS, MI, 2 C, 1 DH, 10 pitchers, 4 reserves and 5 minor leaguers. Categories: BA, HR, RBI, SB, (Runs + BB), Errors for hitting, W, ERA, SV and (IP+K)-(H+BB) for pitching.

Comment

Nah, something isn't right there. Do you have him set up as a keeper at $13?

Comment

Yes I do. That explains it. I haven't entered the teams that have Pujols and Cabrera yet. This is my first time using this tool with the keeper option.
                Thank you
                AL only keeper league, 10 teams. $270 cap. Positions - 5 OF, 1B, 3B, CO, 2B, SS, MI, 2 C, 1 DH, 10 pitchers, 4 reserves and 5 minor leaguers. Categories: BA, HR, RBI, SB, (Runs + BB), Errors for hitting, W, ERA, SV and (IP+K)-(H+BB) for pitching.

Comment

I asked this before but it just seems like the CDG is using ROS + current stats to get dollar values. My CDG has Chris Davis and Dom Brown as 2 of the top 5 OF. They have been producing top 5 numbers and may keep producing that way but it just seems like its using current stats + ROS.

Comment

No, that's not what it does. But at this point in the season with so many ABs in the books for these guys, when weighing YTD performance with pre-2013 history to develop a balance-of-year projection, the sample size for 2013 gets a lot more weight than it would have in, say, May.

Comment

Yeah that does makes sense. Got it

Comment

Working...
                      X