Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC96
    replied
    I have noticed more "spam posts" showing up in the forums. Not a bid deal just annoying.

Leave a comment:

• tallsavage
    replied
    The new site looks good, nice, etc.

However IMHO ... clunky and not as easy or convenient as the old format in finding new articles and going back to the old articles. i know its early, but so far miss the old layout ...

Leave a comment:

• Michael@HQ
    replied
    I recall that Ray has changed subscribers' user names on the forums before, but I'm not sure how he has done it.

Leave a comment:

• Brainiac
    Guest replied
    how do you change your usernaem

i got into a couple leagues with fellow BBHQers and I dont need them recognizing me when I'm asking questions

any help here?

i've changed my avatar but can't find a sport to change usename

thanks

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Thanks, I've since become aware of that. It's on our punchlist. Sorry for the delay.

Leave a comment:

• noahs
    replied
    Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
    The old RSS feeds don't work anymore, but there are RSS feed icons at the bottom of all article pages/sections on the new site so you can re-subscribe.
    Actually, RSS still isn't working. If you resubscribe via the link to the new feed at the bottom of the home page (I don't see it on the other pages), you still don't get any of the new articles.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    We will work on printer-friendly options going forward.

Leave a comment:

• NICK@HQ
    replied
    If you use Safari, they have the "Reader" option which formats the page to just bring you the text without pictures (or menu items or ads, etc.) That would print clean.

Not sure if this exists for other browsers, but I'll bet Firefox has a similar extension available.

Leave a comment:

• Tools of Ignorance
    replied
    New Site - Printing Options Please

Love the new site and always have enjoyed your content. I would really love it if you could offer different options for printing on each article:
    1. Full Print - as it appears on the screen
    2. Print without Images - would print without the large (2 x 3 inch) picture
    3. Print without images or comments - would contain the base article only.

Currently whenever I print, the images take one half a page and if comments given, it could add another half page plus. The print only uses two thirds of the page. Also, when printing pictures (even if only printing black & white), more ink is used.

Thanks for listening. I love baseballhq. Sincerely, Tools of Ignorance

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    The old RSS feeds don't work anymore, but there are RSS feed icons at the bottom of all article pages/sections on the new site so you can re-subscribe.

Leave a comment:

• noahs
    replied
    RSS Feeds Not Updating

Like the headline says. The RSS feeds are not showing any new articles after January 28, 2012. Please fix, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Friday afternoon update on some of the more common issues reported this week:

The following issues have been resolved in the last few days:

$0 values in player projections are fixed.
    Rotowire/KFFL feeds are back (see News tab) - Rotowire feed is updating sporadically, should be fixed soon
    Forum 'BaseballHQ tools' links have been fixed
    Custom Draft Guide output display options fixed
    CDG CSV pitcher report fixed - now displays all pitchers, not just positively-valued ones
    dates have been added to 'recent headlines' (format will be changed
    (bunch of other fixes too, but these were the widely-reported issues)

We'll keep the fixes coming, thanks for your patience.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    The "BaseballHQ tools" menu up at the top of this page has been fixed, and I added "Stats and Projections" to that page. Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• LameBrain
    replied
    Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
    You don't have to wait for the thing to scroll, if you're too impatient. The dots at the bottom right of the pictures allow you to jump ahead manually in the show if you click on them. Or you can scroll down on the home page and check out the "latest from <each section> layout".

We made a conscious decision to get away from a "days of the week-driven" approach to headlines in this new design, and I don't think we're going to go back to that if we can all help it.
    Thanks! Was unaware of being able to click on the dots. That's most helpful to know.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Originally posted by LameBrain View Post
    I've read the HQ responses to those who don't like that it is difficult to determine which are the new articles, and your belief this will become easier for us as time progresses. But, to have to wait for several seconds to let the slide show go through the entire set of offerings is indeed a bit cumbersome. (Funny, that 20 years ago, we would think waiting ONLY 10-15 seconds is no big deal.) I think many of us would really like to see some change (maybe a drop down menu on the top (blue) level where "News, Skills, Research" is displayed). Something titled "Today's Articles", and when you click on it, all the new articles for the day drop down. I can very much appreciate the view that it will get easier for us, but I think this is one of those things where there may be an alternate, more satisfying solution for several of us who are too impatient to wait on the scrolling slide show.
    You don't have to wait for the thing to scroll, if you're too impatient. The dots at the bottom right of the pictures allow you to jump ahead manually in the show if you click on them. Or you can scroll down on the home page and check out the "latest from <each section> layout".

We made a conscious decision to get away from a "days of the week-driven" approach to headlines in this new design, and I don't think we're going to go back to that if we can all help it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X