X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usualsuspects
    replied
    Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
    Found the appropriate setting. Raised the timeout from 15 minutes to 2 hours. Let me know if you see the benefits. Sorry this took so long to resolve.

hey, that's awesome!

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Found the appropriate setting. Raised the timeout from 15 minutes to 2 hours. Let me know if you see the benefits. Sorry this took so long to resolve.

Leave a comment:

• gillyspy
    replied
    no definitely not. I don't want my session to persist forever. I already sent my cookies so you knew that right?

I'm happy to get the setting changed, just not sure what I'm looking for
    The question of timeout is not related to my action (even an automatic action) taken on that timeout.

Please make the timeout longer as the current timeout is too short
    OR
    please allow us to more easily login again after a timeout on the current page such that we don't have to reload and restore our post

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    So are you using the 'remember me' option when you log in?

Leave a comment:

• gillyspy
    replied
    1518h i typed this into the default quick reply. will wait until 1534h
    1534h posted. failed.
    1534h login in new tab and reposted

Leave a comment:

• gillyspy
    replied
    1455h i typed this into the default quick reply. will wait until 1516 to post
    1516h click on "post quick reply" -- got "You do not have permission to perform this action. Please refresh the page and login before trying again.". going to try 15 minutes.
    1517h logged in via another tab and posted this

Leave a comment:

• gillyspy
    replied
    1345h i typed this into the default "quick reply box at the bottom".
    1348h click "post quick reply" (submit)

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    I don't mind troubleshooting this when I have some time (and I'm an IT professional too, plus we have a tech team who helps with forum administration, so resource-wise we're ok... thanks for the offer though). I need some more info, though... so the behavior is that you start typing a post, go off somewhere else for a while, come back to finish the post and you can't submit it due to some sort of timeout or permission error? Can you estimate what that idle time is?

As I noted above, this has never happened to me. But it's possible that's because I have admin privileges. There are literally thousands of vbulletin config settings, I'm glad to poke thru them and see what I can find.

Leave a comment:

• gillyspy
    replied
    @BHQ As a IT professional i'm happy to get on the phone with someone and help them troubleshoot .

Leave a comment:

• gillyspy
    replied
    same on FF and Chrome on a PC

@usualsuspects. is the "restore auto-saved content" feature not working for you? If not then you will probably want this: https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...0CTWc9NFEt6k9A

Leave a comment:

• usualsuspects
    replied
    FWIW, I continue to note the same issue across multiple platforms (work PC w/IE, iPad, home PC w/Firefox). Normally I have to look something up so have another tab or browser window opened up, then when I return packing a full statistical armamentarium, my post is gone. The loss to the HQ community, nay, to all of humanity, because of this is incalculable!
    Last edited by usualsuspects; 10-02-2012, 09:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    I don't think I've ever used Chrome on a Mac. Can you possibly see if Firefox has same results?

Leave a comment:

• gillyspy
    replied
    i use Chrome on a Mac and experience this timeout all of the time. I will composte a post reply and then click submit which is rejected due to permissions. I'll then open a separate tab and login and then go back to my other tab to complete the submission.

The time on this page (as seen in footer) is: