• Show
Clear All

• Projected Balance Valuations

Quick question regarding Projected valuation:

Matt Weiters:
    Projected Bal:15223426261277368465833$13$13
    Adam LaRoche
    Projected Bal:15623447261285359507867$17$17
    Looking at the projections for the remainder of the year, they look to be virtually identical - one more dinger for LaRoche and a slightly higher BA - but his projected value is $4 higher - seems to be a lot considering the small variance. Why the big variance?

thanks for any insight to this - i generally use dollar values for a rough idea of comparative worth, then compare team needs with the actual strengths of the player, but i found this odd.

Did you mean Andy Laroche? I assume so, since he's the Laroche projected for one more HR than Wieters.

The difference is RBIs and Runs... 12 and 13 vs. 46 and 39.

Comment

Projected Balance Valuations

You mean Adam. I posted the projected balance stats for each player - didn't come across very well, but still the point is the same:

weiters AB 150 R 23 H 42 HR 6 RBI 26 SB 1 BA .278 R$ 14

Ad Laroche AB 154 R 23 H 44 HR 7 RBI 26 SB 1 BA .286 R$ 18

so my question remains the same - the projected balance statistics are virutally identical - only 1 hr and 2 h difference - how can the projected balance $ valuation be so variant?

Comment

It's the batting average. $4 really isn't that much of a difference.

If you want to break it down further, you can go into the Custom Value tool and run single-category valuations. That's a good way to isolate the values of each category.

Comment

Working...
        X