No announcement yet.

Mack 2.0 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thumbs up to MACK 2.0. To be able to store teams on your server is worth its weight in gold.

One thing I am missing,though, is the ability to sort your team by columns (by pBPV or pR$ for example). Will that function be made available in the non-BETA version?
    "A good friend of mine used to say, 'This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains.' Think about that for a while."

Comment

Is there any discussion about adding the 5 start average PQS as an option to Mack 2.0?
      2012 2md place h2h league
      2008 1st place h2h league
      2002 2nd place points league

Comment

yeah, the old Mack constantly losing my info - sometimes in mid-evaluation - was maddening.
        anything that solves that, I'll learn to work with it.
        NL 12-team 5x5 auction keeper. no bench, limited 'free' moves #oldschool
        our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.
        a redraft, no-transaction "race to the finish" served as our 2020 entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Roondawg View Post
          Is there any discussion about adding the 5 start average PQS as an option to Mack 2.0?
          Interesting idea.

Comment

I'll second the above suggestion about having the option to view the last 30 days or 7 days stats in MACK. As a daily MACK user the numbers don't change much from day to day (or even week to week at this point).

Especially when evaluating free agents, it would be extremely valuable to be able to look at what someone has done recently. A lot of the guys in the pool got dropped after lousy starts, so we'd have a big advantage if we could recognize recent skills or luck trends.
            5x5 mixed league, non-keeper

Comment

Hi All!

My name is Uri and I am BHQ's newest programmer. I am happy to report that MACK 2.0 now has the ability to sort your data using any column you wish. To access this new feature:

Click on MACK 2.0 Team Tracker
              Click on Use Your Team
              Click on Full Report Data
              Click on any column heading to sort

Please let me know if you run into any problems.

Thank you,
              Uri

Comment

Either I'm an idiot or this doesn't work. I've really missed the old Mack and how you could sort ALL players by any column or a combination of two parameters (position and RAR, age and RAR, IP> and RAR, to name a few). In the previous post, I believe you tried to explain how to do this, but I tried it and you can't do it. I go to Mack tracker and click on "Use Your Team", but then it tells me I don't have a team set up. I go to the place where you are supposed to set up your team and call it "AL", in hopes of creating reports using all AL players, both pitchers and batters. You can't run a report until you select some players (and nowhere do I see where you can select "Full Report Data" - your Step #3). It also tells you when you go to select players, that you can only select a maximum of 60 players. Am I missing something here? I tried to follow your directions but am getting lost. I really would like to get some of the reports I ran last year before I start my SS draft. Last year, I was able to sort all AL players by each position and then sort those players again by RAR. I can't figure out how to do that anymore without checking 60 different boxes for each position (that would be too much of a pain!). Help!!!!!

Comment

Right royalfan, the options you're talking about are what were called the "Power Search" options in MACk 1.0. Those don't exist in MACK2 yet, but they're the next things we intend to add to the tool.

The options that Uri talks about above are related to single-column sorting you can do once you build a team and a report.

Comment

OK, thanks Ray. I thought I was just missing something. Thankfully, I'm neither an idiot nor does your stuff NOT work!

Comment

Just tried Mack 2.0 for the first time, liked it ok.

My projected 10 keepers, plus my projected 13 'buys' (several of whom I paid more than list value for, as one would expect in a keeper league) produced stats that would have been worth 97 pts in my league last year.

I won with that exact total in 2005, and while usually it takes 100-105, of course we all get better with dump trades when in contention.
                      So that part I like.

The real challenge - if my team still exists tomorrow!
                      This is out of Firefox now instead of IE, maybe that helps?
                      our owners have a combined 292 years of experience in this 36-year-old league that is being cryogenically frozen until spring 2021.

Comment

Howie... you'll be glad to hear that the rosters are no longer stored in your browser's cookies. They're stored on our server now. Since MACK2 has gone live, I haven't heard a single case of a roster getting lost.

Comment

Yep, it's there.

I'd recommend what I was doing - lay out your keepers, and what sample other players you expect to get at what price (factor in inflation), and fiddle til you get to 260.

Then input those in MACK now - you may find that your team is way too slow or you haven't been thinking enough about Ks or your expected team BA is too low, etc. That can help you reorient a little - granting that you don't have to meet anything too specific.
                          Just a little reality check on whether a preliminary approach has any big holes...

Comment

Were is it?
                            I'm rotopass guy...told me to check the remember me box, made me register for the forums...
                            ok, logged in, couldn't find either mack 2.0 or 1.0.
                            When I return to bbhq homepage, I can click on the mack team tracker, but it takes me right back to that endless loop where it requires me to login to forums again.
                            ps I loved mack 1, and am looking forward to putting mack 2.0 through it's paces...so please stop hiding it from me. I am on a Mac, if that makes any difference. thanks

Comment

BigMo, are you by chance using Google Chrome as your browser? Chrome and MACK don't get along. Switch browsers and post back here if you get the same behavior (or if you weren't using Chrome to begin with).

Comment

Quick question. I access the site through a RotoPass login. It says I have access to MACK 2.0 as long as I'm logged in as a member of the board.

I'm obviously logged in as a member of the board... but I can't seem to find a way to view the MACK 2.0 reports.
                                -----------------------------
                                Check out my blog on personal development at http://joaker5.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X