Baseball HQ Pitching Logs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baseball HQ Pitching Logs

Is the Pitching Log available in excel format (with the ingrained formulas to calculate PQS)?

There's a comma-separated file (.CSV) that can be imported into Excel and manipulated.

pitching log page --> http://www.baseballhq.com/members/data/splogs.shtml
    direct link to CSV file --> http://www.baseballhq.com/members/data/wholepqs.csv

Comment

I'm specifically looking for the formulas built into excel to compute the values. PQS, rolling averages, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by jstarr82
        I'm specifically looking for the formulas built into excel to compute the values. PQS, rolling averages, etc.
        The formulas aren't in the HQ files. But feel free to build 'em yourself (nested IF statements, etc.) But I think you should be prepared for some manual override on the rolling 5 calcs as some starters get sent down and come back, pitch in relief in between starts, rain-shortened starts, etc.
        "As often is the case, GE is right." -- Davitt@HQ

Comment

How do I make this nested if statement?

Comment

Any excel whizzes willing to help?

Comment

I'd be willing, but I need to know what in particular you're trying to calculate.
              - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
              'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

The logs that are up don't look complete. I couldn't find either Lidle or Suppan's first start, for example.

Comment

I guess the best way to explain is to tell you my circumstances for using this. I simply want to keep a log of the pitchers on my team's PQS weekly. I'm basically looking to duplicate the report the baseball HQ produced but customized for my team with the ability to manually enter the stats associated before the end of the week.

The first thing:
                  1. The formula to input in excel to calculate dom/dis split?
                  Last edited by Bronx Bombers; 04-11-2006, 01:06 PM.

Comment

brute force...where Z1:Z50 is the range containing all of the pitcher's PQS scores

=((COUNTIF(Z1:Z50),4)+(COUNTIF(Z1:Z50),5))/COUNTA(Z1:Z50) <--this is DOM%

=((COUNTIF(Z1:Z50),0)+(COUNTIF(Z1:Z50),1))/COUNTA(Z1:Z50) <-- this is DIS%

Comment

It's stating that I'm entering too few arguments for the function.

Comment

Hmm. I think I misplaced some parentheses. Try something like this

=(COUNTIF(A2:A7,0)+COUNTIF(A2:A7,1))/COUNTA(A2:A7)

Comment

Originally posted by AllenH
                          The logs that are up don't look complete. I couldn't find either Lidle or Suppan's first start, for example.
                          How often are the pitching logs updated? I don't see any starts past April 7th.

Comment

I believe they're normally updated daily, but we're apparently not quite there yet as we ramp up our in-season content, data feeds, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall@HQ
                              Hmm. I think I misplaced some parentheses. Try something like this

=(COUNTIF(A2:A7,0)+COUNTIF(A2:A7,1))/COUNTA(A2:A7)
                              This would also give you the same result and shorten your formula a bit...

=COUNTIF(A2:A7,"<2")/COUNTA(A2:A7)

Comment

Working...
                              X