• Show
Clear All

• cwhenning
    replied
    Thank you

Leave a comment:

• RON@HQ
    replied
    Check the Starting Pitcher Buyers Guide page. All relevant links relating to starting pitchers are now there.

Leave a comment:

• cwhenning
    replied
    My new glasses haven't arrived yet.

I can't seem to find the link to the PQS files from the Home page. I was able to download using the link in this forum.

Leave a comment:

• Bronx Bombers
    replied
    I've updated my spreadsheet to have all the necessary pitching benchmarks as well as month specific PQS scores. (I know it's all available in HQ, but I like tracking my players and inputting their stats after each start). I'm having trouble with my month specific data when trying to use the Nested IF statement I created. Does anyone think they can lend me a hand?

Leave a comment:

• DeanW
    Guest replied
    jstarr,

If you send me a "Private Message" with your e-mail address in it, I'll e-mail you a copy of what I came up with and you can try it out.

DeanW

Leave a comment:

• DeanW
    Guest replied
    I have the hit rate piece done. I need to put this aside for a bit, though, but I still hope to finish it up later tonight.

Leave a comment:

• Bronx Bombers
    replied
    I can certainly bear with you. I know nothing in the macro department.

Leave a comment:

• DeanW
    Guest replied
    jstarr,

I think a macro would be a much better way to approach this. If you can bear with me, I might be able to put something together and post it by tonight sometime.

Dean

Leave a comment:

• Bronx Bombers
    replied
    Randalll,
    I'm trying to make it a rolling total. I can't figure out how to place the sum function in this formula to properly calculate.

Leave a comment:

• Randall@HQ
    Guest replied
    Essentially you want to replace each cell reference with a range reference, where the range is a group of cells for however many games you want the rolling rate to cover. Generally five in the PQS logs. So, for example, assuming row 8 was your current row and was the fifth game for that pitcher,

=(F4:F8+H4:H8-G4:G8)/(F4:F8+H4:H8-J4:J8)

As you drag this formula down the column, Excel should automagically adjust the ranges to refer to the immediately preceding five games.

Leave a comment:

• Bronx Bombers
    replied
    Right now this is the formula I use for Strand Rate. How can I convert it to make it be a rolling overall calculation as shown in the PQS logs?

=(F4+H4-G4)/(F4+H4-J4)

Leave a comment:

• Bronx Bombers
    replied
    Thanks Nick

Leave a comment:

• NICK@HQ
    replied
    Originally posted by jstarr82
    This is the formula I have to calculate PQS score. What do I add into the formula to add the caveat if less than 5 innings, all the other data doesnt matter and PQS is an automatic 0?
    =IF(E21<5, 0, IF(E21>=6,1,0)+IF(F21<=E21,1,0)+IF(2*H21<=I21,1,0 )+IF(I21>=E21-2,1,0)+IF(J21<=1,1,0)) <-- Don't forget this extra one at the end.

Basically I've just nested another IF statement around your original statement. It says that if IP (E21) is less than 6, you get a 0. Otherwise the other part of the IF statement gets calculated, and that's your original formula. The parts I added are in bold, including that extra close parentheses at the end.

Leave a comment:

• Bronx Bombers
    replied
    This is the formula I have to calculate PQS score. What do I add into the formula to add the caveat if less than 5 innings, all the other data doesnt matter and PQS is an automatic 0?

=IF(E21>=6,1,0)+IF(F21<=E21,1,0)+IF(2*H21<=I21,1,0 )+IF(I21>=E21-2,1,0)+IF(J21<=1,1,0)

Leave a comment:

• Bronx Bombers
    replied
    Thanks Randall, what I mean is that I need the proper way to format this formula in excel for the rolling overall hit and strand rates.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X