Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct date and Time

Hello...

The time of a posting is supposed to be in UTC..Universal Time Coordinated...or GMT Greenwich Mean Time...following the meridian passing through Greenwich...

The UTC day here in the EST time zone begins at 7:00 PM...in ESDT, it will begin at 8:00 PM EDST... thus, for example, at 7:25 PM EST April 1, it is 0025 UTC April 2...
    and 7:25 EST AM (or 8:25 AM EDST), April 2, will become 1225 UTC, April 2.

At about 9:45 PM EST on April 1, or 0245 UTC April 2, I saw postings on the American League Info that listed times on the order or 4:31 April 2, which is clearly incorrect.

And I guess that's much more than you wanted to know about UTC, GMT, and the like.

You can personalize the time settings by editing options of your user CP. I have no idea whether that would solve the problem you described (since I barely understood it), but maybe it will help
    If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
    -Bill Lyon

Comment

"Does anyone really know what time it is.....does anyone really care?"
      - Chicago

(Sorry couldn't resist the obscure music reference) [insert winking smilie here]

(Those poor smiley's - still persecuted and in hiding. I think they have it worse than the pre-Wonka Umpa Lumpas.)
      "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
      Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

Working...
      X