PQS Logs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PQS Logs

Ray, just a couple of observations on the 2024 PQS Logs...

(1) By my count, there are 65 log entries thru the June 6 starts, for which there are no names attached. Just to name a few: Walker Buehler (6 starts), Robert Gasser (5 starts), Sixto Sanchez (7 starts), Christian Scott (5 starts), Paul Skenes (5 starts). I cherry-picked only those pitchers with a minimum of five starts (thru June 6), but there plenty of other log entries that reflect a pitching line but have no names attached as well. Needless to say I suppose, but can we get the "blank" log entries updated to include the pitchers' names?

(2) Was also wondering if we can get an additional column inserted to reflect the pitchers' HQID?

Thank you for your time​

Thanks for the note. I think you diagnosed the issue correctly... the blank starts are the guys you're looking for. If you filter by teams and sort alphabetically, you can see that the Buehler, Gasser starts are showing no name for some reason. We'll get that fixed.

And yes, we can add HQID (and MLBID)... at least to the CSV if not the visible table.

Comment

Blank names are now fixed, and HQID and MLBID are now in the CSV.

Comment

Ray, you guys added columns to the PQS Log .csv files about a month ago to reflect the pitchers' HQIDs and MLBAM IDs. A very nice addition indeed. However, there a still a number of pitchers that are missing their respective HQIDs:

Logan Allen (CLE)
        Mason Black (SF)
        Joe Boyle (OAK)
        Jonathan Cannon (CWS)
        Hunter Greene (CIN)
        Tanner Houck (BOS)
        Shota Imanaga (CHI)
        Anthony Maldonado (MIA)
        Adam Mazur (SD)
        Anthony Molina (COL)
        Carlos Rodriguez (MIL)
        Yariel Rodriguez (TOR)
        Paul Skenes (PIT)
        Carson Spiers (CIN)
        Hurston Waldrep (ATL)
        Ryan Walker (SF)
        Allan Winans (ATL)
        Bryan Woo (SEA)
        Yoshinobu Yamamoto (LA)

-- There are four PQS log entries that are missing in their entirety:

Jake Bloss (HOU), 6/21/2024 vs BAL
        Adrian Houser (NYM), 4/4/2024 vs DET
        Casey Mize (DET), 4/4/2024 @ NYM
        Drew Thorpe (CHW), 6/11/2024 @ SEA

-- And two log entries that cannot possibly exist:

Kutter Crawford (BOS), 8/26/2024 vs TOR
        Yariel Rodriguez (TOR), 8/26/2024 @ BOS

-- Lastly, by my count there are 34 log entries ( 6/14 thru 7/8) that do not have a pitcher name (currently read as "-") associated with their respective pitching lines. A handful of those same "-" pitcher name entries are missing either a HQID or MLBAM ID.

NOTE: I have some additional errors (pitcher/team associations) to address but will comment on those in a separate message.

Thank you for your time

Comment

I think I know how to fix all of these issues. I'll address during the day tomorrow.

I was actually looking into that Yariel Rodriguez line today. That is a suspended game from late June that is being resumed on 8/26, that's why it's dated that way in the log.

Comment

Thanks Ray, I've been huge believer in the PQS Logs ever since their inception over 20+ years ago and manipulate the data in multiple ways. I totally forgot about the 6/27 TOR @ BOS suspended game and that would explain the 8/26 dates for Crawford and Rodriguez. My bad...

I did forget to mention one erroneous log entry in my previous message: Robert Suarez (SD) has a PQS log entry dated 3/21 and should be deleted. Suarez pitched in relief in that game.

You folks at HQ do great work!!!

Comment

Most of the above are fixed now. Still a few aspects of it being worked on.

Comment

Ray, beginning Saturday, Aug. 3 thru today, whenever I've attempted to download the "All" PQS Log .csv file I have received an error message: "An Error Occurred." On the other hand, a random check of several of the individual team .csv downloads are successful. Although, from my perspective I'm not quite sure of the value of individual team PQS Logs.

As a mixed-leaguer, I have always focused on the "All" PQS Log .csv download. But I did notice recently the separate "AL" and "NL" PQS Log .csv files are no longer available for download. It would seem to me individual league PQS Log .csv downloads would be beneficial. I certainly don't get the logic behind eliminating the individual league PQS Logs. Nonetheless, I'd appreciate HQ getting the "All" PQS Log .csv download error situation rectified.

Thank you for your time​

Comment

Thanks, I seem same and will get that fixed. As I think I mentioned above, that table is getting problematic as it grows in season> There's a fix in the works. In the meantime I'll get the download working again... I also see some new blank names in there we'll get fixed too.

Comment

Download is working again here. Hopefully we're good for rest of season now, but if it breaks again, let me know here.

Comment

Ray, just giving you an update... It appears the PQS Log "All" .csv download is still not working. I continue to receive the "An Error Occurred" error message across the web page when attempting the download. The individual team PQS log .csv downloads are fine. I attempted the "All" download via three different browsers (all caches & history cleared) and received the download error message in all three browsers.

Comment

Sigh... I swear the CSV worked for me yesterday when I posted, but I see same as you today. Will go back to tech.

Comment

Added new CSV download links on that page to help alleviate the issues here. Still working on speeding up the actual table.

Comment

Ray, a nice change to the PQS Logs web page, i.e. incorporating the three .cvs download links. All three links have been downloading perfectly since added to the web page. As a PQS Log "junkie," it's nice to get my periodic "fix." That said, I continue to see an issue with missing HQIDs and missing pitcher names associated with their respective pitching lines. I suppose you're already aware of the missing data.

-- By my count this morning, there are 31 "named" individual pitchers (with at least one log entry) without any HQID, including one pitcher that is also missing a MLBAMID, Matthews, Zebby (MIN). Actually, Matthews' MLBAMID reads as "0."

-- There are 11 log entries that do not have a pitcher name (currently read as "-") associated with their respective pitching lines, including four that are missing a HQID. One of the "unnamed" pitchers is also missing both a HQID and a MLBAM ID (reads as "0"): Lowder, Rhett.

-- Although I don't download the individual AL and NL logs on a regular basis, I figured I'd take a deep dive into them. The one thing that jumped out at me was all of the aforementioned pitchers without HQIDs appear in both of the AL and NL PQS logs.

A few other things to mention about the logs...

-- Robert Suarez (SD, 3/21) still has an entry reflected in the PQS logs as a start. The stat line currently attributed to Suarez actually belongs to Yoshinobu Yamamota (LAD, 3/21) and is currently a Yamamoto log entry. Suarez pitched on 3/21 but he pitched in relief. NOTE: Suarez's actual 3/21 stats look fine on his player game log page: IP: 1.1, H: 1, ER: 0, HR: 0, BB:0, K: 2, SV: 1, PC: 24.

-- There are six missing PQS log entries and cannot be found in any of the logs:

-- Houser, Adrian (NYM): 1 Start (4/4 vs DET, G1 DH)
                            -- Mize, Casey (DET): 1 Start (4/4 @ NYM, G1 DH)
                            -- Thorpe, Drew (CWS): 1 Start (6/11 @ SEA)
                            -- Plesac, Zach (LAA): 3 Starts (6/17 vs MIL, 6/22 @ LA, 6/26 vs DET)

The missing PQS log entries for Houser, Mize and Thorpe are also missing from their respective player game log pages. Plesac's three missing PQS log entries are correctly shown on his player game log page.

I have two additional issues pertaining to erroneous log entries but I will follow that up with a separate message in order to keep this message as short as possible.

Thank you for your time

Comment

Ray, the Adrian Houser missing log entry I mentioned in my previous message points to my last two issues that require investigation by the HQ tech team. In addition to the missing 4/4 log entry for Houser, he made six subsequent starts with NYM (4/9 - 5/21). But the starts in the MLB and NL logs reflect those six starts with CHI, which is his current team (a free agent sign by the Cubs on 8/4). Three of those six starts (4/15, 4/27, 5/2) in the logs indicate his opposing team as @NYM (his former team). The three starts were actually home starts when he was with the Mets (4/15 vs PIT, 4/27 vs STL, 5/2 vs CHI).

Similar to Houser, erroneous log entries (to include incorrect opposing team entries) can also be found throughout the logs for any pitcher that has been traded, signed via waivers or signed as a free agent at any point during the season. Most of those pitchers have the same issues as described previously for Houser: (1) All of the affected pitcher's starts are reflected as having been made with his current team; and (2) Home starts that were made when pitching for his former team show the opposing team as @"former team." I first noticed the problem back in mid-July after Aaron Civale was traded from TB to MIL, e.g. Civale made 17 starts with TB (3/29 - 6/29) before he was traded, but the logs (MLB and NL) show those same 17 starts as made with MIL Nine of those 17 starts with TB were at home and each entry indicates the opposing team as @TB (his former team). They should instead read as: 3/29 vs TOR, 4/3 vs TEX, 4/16 vs LAA, 5/3 vs NYM, 5/8 vs CWS, 5/25 vs KC, 6/7 vs BAL, 6/12 vs CHI, 6/29 vs WSN.

I hope all of that makes sense. To date, in addition to Houser and Civale, the following (traded, waiver or free agent signee) pitchers' log entries reflect one or both of the issues I've attempted describe.

Anderson, Chase
                              Armstrong, Shawn Banks, Tanner
                              Blackburn, Paul
                              Bloss, Jake
                              Curry, Xzavion
                              Eflin, Zach
                              Fedde, Erick
                              Flaherty, Jack
                              Hernández, Elieser
                              Hernandez, Jonathan
                              Hoeing, Bryan
                              Howard, Spencer
                              Jefferies, Daulton
                              Junis, Jakob
                              Keller, Brad
                              Kikuchi, Yusei
                              Lorenzen, Michael
                              Mazur, Adam
                              Montas, Frankie
                              Paxton, James
                              Pérez, Martín
                              Priester, Quinn
                              Puk, A.J.
                              Richards, Trevor
                              Rogers, Trevor
                              Teheran, Julio
                              Tyler, Kyle
                              Woodford, Jake

Perhaps it's too late in the regular season to clean up these issues, which would be understandable. But I'd like to think HQ will eventually scrub and clean up all of the logs (including the individual team logs) accordingly at some point early in the off-season. In the meantime, I can always work with my own corrected versions of the PQS Logs.

As always Ray, thank you for your patience and your time.

Comment

Working...
                              X