Bullpen Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bullpen Indicators

As the season goes along, will you have the same detail in your bullpen indicators with this new format versus previous years. Specifically will you show the number of clean appearances for relievers versus number of total appearances? Will you show xERA? The information in the bullpen indicators as of now is sparse versus what we have been used to.

All of that stuff is there already. The table is just broken in 4 parts. You need to walk through the four "Stat Groups" in the selector at the upper right to see all of the data. Everything you're asking for is there already. The table is identical to the old site.(There is also the YTD vs. Last 30 spllit as another toggle, that doesn't do anything yet, but will be working when we get 31 days into the season.)

Comment

Thanks - I get it now. I have to go to the different groupings such as skills etc. Another question - it used to be easy to find the pitcher you were looking for because they were all grouped together by their team. Now I can’t figure out how they are listed. They aren’t grouped together by team or alphabetically. What is the best way to find an individual pitcher you are looking for quickly?

Comment

Use the Team dropdown list if you want to view one team. Use the search box if you want to search for a specific player... just type in their last name.

Comment

A couple of questions on the Bullpen Indicators. (1) Why when you click on it does it default to the 2023 season and not the 2024 season? (2) Why is it that you can only see 50 pitchers max at any time versus last year when you could see an entire league at a glance. (3) Last year and in prior years you could see all of the stats on page - why do you have to click on several drop downs now in order to see the same stats? This file is far more cumbersome to use than before. How is this file better than what we have been used to? (4) Why isn't an RP like Kyle Hurt listed given he has had 2 appearances this year and how many others are omitted?

Comment

1. We'll be changing the default to 2024.
            2. The tables get slow to load if you have too many names displayed at once. We can raise the number past 50, but it won't be all players.
            3. Having a mobile-friendly web site means you can't build tables that run for miles to the right. The different views are how we get around that. If the table were 50+ columns wide, you'd be scrolling all day.
            4. I'll check on Hurt.

Comment

I was doing some due diligence on Mitch Spence from Oakland. He has pitched 16 pretty good innings but I don’t see him listed under the Oakland relievers. Can you help? Thank you

Comment

Fixed. He was tagged as an SP.

Comment

Working...
                X