Clear All

Here is a tip

If CDG freezes. Give as much info as possible

What you are running. CATS. Keepers etc

What browser etc

So ray and HQ team can figure out the issue

Comment

Thank you. Basic 5x5 no keepers chrome and safari latest on Mac Air,
      League 1: 5 x 5 std, 15-team mixed, $260 auction,14 hitters (2 C, 2U, the rest std), 9 pitchers (no defined roles, 950 inn. min, no max), 6 bench, 8 keepers, $100 FAAB Budget, league champ '05, '15, '17 '23!

Comment

You might have a blank value in your positions. Make sure you have zeroes everywhere in positions not needed. Blanks cause problems.

Comment

I wanted to share my comments on this issue. Like the original poster my draft was today. I patiently waited for the CDG tool to allow keeper additions to inflate my available players prior to my draft. I loved the MACK teams in the past and have used that approach for over a decade. Unfortunately with the current tool not working properly and the old one turned off, I was forced to try to inflate my own dollar projections.

How did that go? Extremely poorly. I did calculate a 71% inflation for my league hitters and 58% for pitchers, but my league very much adheres to the top player setting. I honestly had such low estimates on most decent players that I could only use the inflated HQ numbers as a relative guide as compared to other players who had already been auctioned.

When your inflated prices on the top available players are $55-$57 and the real prices are well over $120, I felt vastly underprepared for my auction. I’ve enjoyed using my modified MACK process for a long time and it was common for my estimate to be with a dollar or two different on most players. To say that I am disappointed, frustrated, and a bit angry is understated.

I work in IT in the real world and recognize defect resolution everyday, but HQ should have been better prepared with a back-up plan if the new bells-and-whistles weren’t working properly. Why wasn’t the MACK process available until CDG keeper functionality was thoroughly tested? Yes, I enjoy the articles by the HQ sure, and occasionally listen to the podcasts with a smile, but today I felt the worst prepared for a draft in 30 years of roto baseball.

Ray was patient with my email questions and quick to reply, but to me this function was so much more important than a few articles getting set up properly or many other utilities on the site that are working properly.

I hope to continue to enjoy HQ the rest of the season and that the CDG keeper inflation process is well-addressed by the time I need it again. If not, I'll have to say goodbye to a trusted roto tool.

Thank you for your efforts.

Comment

I have CDG is for an 11 team 5x5 NL keeper league with obp and hold/saves replacing ba and holds. I entered 100 keepers. Top available hitter Ohtani at $50 which looks good but Kelenic for $1 and Edman, S Marte, Chapman, Donovan ect at negative values looks askew. 67/33 split, not forcing positions and set to high dollar players.

Comment

Originally posted by goose56 View Post
              I have CDG is for an 11 team 5x5 NL keeper league with obp and hold/saves replacing ba and holds. I entered 100 keepers. Top available hitter Ohtani at $50 which looks good but Kelenic for $1 and Edman, S Marte, Chapman, Donovan ect at negative values looks askew. 67/33 split, not forcing positions and set to high dollar players.
              If you have Force Positions on, turn it off for now. Obviously I can't easily simulate your 100 keepers....

Comment

I am not forcing positions but that was a key to getting the math to work correctly in the past. The total dollars for the 14 hitters and 9 pitchers should total (11*260) $2860 of positive value. I don’t believe that to be the case whether the positions are forced or not. The calculations are not working properly in either scenario. Thank you for your efforts to resolve the issue.

Comment

Take the CSV to Excel and sum the positive values to see if it totals the right amount. You're correct, it should do that with or without Force Positions on.

Comment

I added several keepers to CDG yesterday. Went out and back in to make sure they were saved. They are all gone today. Is there a connection I'm missing?

Just re-entered two keepers. They appear to only be able to be listed in the order they were input. Are there options to list the keepers by team, position or alphabetically? Managing 100+ keepers in random order will be a nightmare.

There is no option to add the keeper team. When LS is eventually added, will there be a way to enter and manage teams manually for for CBS users? Will all keepers need to be added twice (or more)?

Comment

Originally posted by wkiefer@verizon.net View Post
                      I added several keepers to CDG yesterday. Went out and back in to make sure they were saved. They are all gone today. Is there a connection I'm missing?

Just re-entered two keepers. They appear to only be able to be listed in the order they were input. Are there options to list the keepers by team, position or alphabetically? Managing 100+ keepers in random order will be a nightmare.

There is no option to add the keeper team. When LS is eventually added, will there be a way to enter and manage teams manually for for CBS users? Will all keepers need to be added twice (or more)?
                      No option to organize the keepers right now, or add them to teams. That likely won't change til after Opening Day.

LeagueSync is entirely separate from this process. Keepers won't be shown in LeagueSync, at least for this draft season. When you see LS, you'll see it's set up as more of an in-season management tool.

Comment

Of the 154 hitters that must be rostered in my 11 team NL only league, 62 have negative values ranging from -1 to -34.

Comment

Originally posted by goose56 View Post
                          Of the 154 hitters that must be rostered in my 11 team NL only league, 62 have negative values ranging from -1 to -34.
                          Is that with keepers on or off? 5x5 scoring or something else?

I just ran an 11-team NL 5x5 with keepers off, and the positively-valued player count is right where it should be.

Comment

That’s with the 100 keepers. When I remove the keepers all 154 have positive values with a couple more at $1. There’s a calculation problem when keepers are toggled.

Comment

Goose, send me an email at support@baseballhq.com

Comment

Working...
                              X