CDG Keepers toggle is allowed but I cannot seem to find how to enter them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDG Keepers toggle is allowed but I cannot seem to find how to enter them

I have my keeper auction tomorrow and I was pleased to see that I could toggle the "Keeper" option to on in the CDG but I cannot seem to figure out how to enter the keepers? Can somoene point in the proper direction or the functionality still in the works?

Bruiser

The switch is enabled, but we're still testing the actual process. We're really close... stay tuned.

Comment

It's live now.

Comment

Thanks Ray, I know it wasn't because of me but it feels that way!!!! You guys are doing a great job. Change is hard!

Comment

It seems to be working

Just added a few for my one league. To see if it would run.

Figured id just do 2 and see if it works. before I add 12

Great job Ray and HQ team

Comment

Originally posted by BaltoBruiser View Post
            Thanks Ray, I know it wasn't because of me but it feels that way!!!! You guys are doing a great job. Change is hard!
            Wasn't entirely because of you, but I figured some people would have drafts this weekend and wanted to get it out tonight.

Comment

Great that the toggle is active and players can be added - Thank you. BUT - player values reconciling w/ the keepers seem to need some love. For example, on the Projections page, Aaron Judge is valued at $36 in a 12 Team Mixed, and in the AL-Only 5x5 CSV file it is $33. I just loaded over 50 keepers to my classic 5x5, 2 catcher 12 Team AL-Only (w/ all players decently underpriced and several salaries at the extremes - Bobby Wit $8, Kyle Tucker $14, Julio $13 as examples). When I save settings and Run, Judge's value DROPS to $32 when it oughta be moving upwards.

Comment

Originally posted by billyrohr View Post
                Great that the toggle is active and players can be added - Thank you. BUT - player values reconciling w/ the keepers seem to need some love. For example, on the Projections page, Aaron Judge is valued at $36 in a 12 Team Mixed, and in the AL-Only 5x5 CSV file it is $33. I just loaded over 50 keepers to my classic 5x5, 2 catcher 12 Team AL-Only (w/ all players decently underpriced and several salaries at the extremes - Bobby Wit $8, Kyle Tucker $14, Julio $13 as examples). When I save settings and Run, Judge's value DROPS to $32 when it oughta be moving upwards.
                Thanks, I definitely want to hear about things like this. In this case...

- I set up a 12-team AL 5x5. With no keepers, I'm getting Judge at $33.01, which matches the $33 you're seeing in the CSV Download Center.
                - I added some keepers, not 50 guys like you, but 5 at $1 each, just to create some inflation.
                - re-ran the CDG and Judge went from $33.01 to $33.51. So directionally, at least that's right.

Two settings to check: I'd set the valuation method to Top Players. And if you're using Force Positions, turn that off.. I know that's causing some weirdness, that (and points valuations) are next on the CDG cleanup list.

Let me know if those changes get you closer to seeing results like I just described.

Comment

Ray I cannot open the CDG app now. I hit the page and just get a greyed out screen without the ability to do anything. I added all my keepers from my league last night. I also toggled the force position setting. I got 3 catchers with a positive value and Judge was at $106. I figured I would hit this morning but it appears not to be working.

Comment

Loading fine here. Try logging out and back in, see if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post

Thanks, I definitely want to hear about things like this. In this case...

- I set up a 12-team AL 5x5. With no keepers, I'm getting Judge at $33.01, which matches the $33 you're seeing in the CSV Download Center.
                      - I added some keepers, not 50 guys like you, but 5 at $1 each, just to create some inflation.
                      - re-ran the CDG and Judge went from $33.01 to $33.51. So directionally, at least that's right.

Two settings to check: I'd set the valuation method to Top Players. And if you're using Force Positions, turn that off.. I know that's causing some weirdness, that (and points valuations) are next on the CDG cleanup list.

Let me know if those changes get you closer to seeing results like I just described.

Ray - Thanks for the quick reply and suggestions. I turned off "Force Positions", saved and re-ran it - no impact; Judge remained @ $32. I then left "Force Positions" off and changed Valuation Method from "balanced" to "top players", saved and re-ran it again - still no impact, Judge remains at $32. NOTE - my Bat / Arm split set @ default 66%.

I assume HQ's CSV values ARE NOT calculated w/ the Top Player bias, since that'd not only make using the Top Player valuation in the CDG a double count, but that'd also happen in HQ's preferred auction software vendor, RotoLab, if you used their Top Player adjustment. If I'm wrong, please advise, as that's an entirely different issue. If I'm correct, then simply moving from Balanced to Top Players, with zero inflation, should have driven Judge's value higher. The fact that it did not seems strange.

Following your lead, I set up a new test league: 12 Team AL only 5x5. I added 35 of my league's keepers w/ HQ values $5 or more greater than their frozen salary. I used BALANCED valuation and Force Positions OFF. Sadly, can't report anything as page froze when I tried to save it. So I reuploaded all 36 guys and tried again. It froze again.

Comment

Originally posted by BaltoBruiser View Post
                        Ray I cannot open the CDG app now. I hit the page and just get a greyed out screen without the ability to do anything. I added all my keepers from my league last night. I also toggled the force position setting. I got 3 catchers with a positive value and Judge was at $106. I figured I would hit this morning but it appears not to be working.
                        I am having the same issue. Logged out and back in. I hit "RUN" and it just grays out and doesn't load. Sometime it will just go back to the setting s screen.
                        CBS 10-team mixed, 4 Keepers (1 hitter, 1 pitcher minimum), Head-to-Head, Individual Categories System.

Hitting Categories: H, BA, HR, RBI, R, SB, OPS, TB
                        Pitching Categories: W, K, SV, ERA, WHIP, QS, CG

Comment

Originally posted by ducci05 View Post

I am having the same issue. Logged out and back in. I hit "RUN" and it just grays out and doesn't load. Sometime it will just go back to the setting s screen.
                          what categories are your league?

That seemed to be an issue the first day

Comment

I've also noticed that the tool freezes when you save/run if you leave an empty keeper row in the keeper section. Make sure you don't start a new row after you enter your last keeper.

Comment

Hi, I am now several hours into CDG freezing after hitting run. Logged in and out. Differentt browsers. Any suggestions please?
                              League 1: 5 x 5 std, 15-team mixed, $260 auction,14 hitters (2 C, 2U, the rest std), 9 pitchers (no defined roles, 950 inn. min, no max), 6 bench, 8 keepers, $100 FAAB Budget, league champ '05, '15, '17 '23!

Comment

Working...
                              X