No announcement yet.

Depth Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did it and RP's were first clump. SP's were in the second clump of pitchers

Comment

Originally posted by circle360 View Post
      I did it and RP's were first clump. SP's were in the second clump of pitchers
      Will get that fixed.

Comment

Thanks Ray for the heads up. I did not think to change the row height but when i did on the CSV version - it's great. I did not think to shrink to 50% on the printer friendly button but it works too. I can make both the printer friendly version to work and the CSV download version to work to 5 pages in total. This is very helpful. Thank you very much.

Comment

One of the things we're not doing well here (yet) is providing help/instructions on the site tools. Will try to start doing more of that to guide people with these little tricks. We're getting there....

Comment

I appreciate the efforts with the depth charts...but...isn't there a way to create a version on the site that looks like the old format where the depth charts are one page (front and back) for each league without having to download a file and manipulate the 28 pages every which way to get it to a manageable size? Why can't the old format be used as a model and replicated?

As a long-time subscriber, I've always felt that one of the most useful features of the site was the concise, updated depth charts that I could easily print out and use for drafts. Sadly, the new site doesn't provide that old format. Hopefully, you'll be able to return to that look.

Thanks.
            Last edited by agellin; 03-01-2024, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by agellin View Post
              I appreciate the efforts with the depth charts...but...isn't there a way to create a version on the site that looks like the old format where the depth charts are one page (front and back) for each league without having to download a file and manipulate the 28 pages every which way to get it to a manageable size? Why can't the old format be used as a model and replicated?

As a long-time subscriber, I've always felt that one of the most useful features of the site was the concise, updated depth charts that I could easily print out and use for drafts. Sadly, the new site doesn't provide that old format. Hopefully, you'll be able to return to that look.

Thanks.
              I've been playing with this, and found a way to do this without too much manipulation:
              - jump into the AL-only and NL-only depth charts using the links at the top of the page. The Mixed ones are so wide that printing is problematic, but the -only league ones are workable.
              - set the Scale to 44%, that seems to be the "magic" setting that gets the page breaks to align properly.

That gets you to 3 pages per league.

You may have also noticed that we changed the CSV format on the CDG Grid to much more closely match the old site. We're going to do same to the Depth Charts CSV imminently, which I think will also improve the options you have here, for both print and download.

Comment

Ray, I was able to get it to 4 pages per league but it's not visually easy to read. Please keep working on it. Thanks.

Comment

Will do. I think the CSV changes I mentioned above are the better fix here. If you're able to read the print-friendly or CSV exports from the Draft Guide, the Depth Charts should look more like that soon.

Comment

Housekeeping question. Matt Chapman signed with SF on Friday March 1st. At this point in spring training and drafts coming up all the time - how long should we expect him to be added to the depth chart in SF along with the corresponding PT reductions of other impacted players. I would have expected that to be reflected yesterday. For those of us who rely on BHQ for this - what is the lag time we should expect in terms of player movement to be reflected in your depth charts. Thsnks

Comment

We're moving guys around all the time. The ones that are taking the most time right now (for some technical reasons that aren't worth explaining) are moving guys listed as free agents to their new teams. Obviously there are only a couple of meaningful free agents left, so that shouldn't be an issue going forward. (A bunch of us being busy with First Pitch this weekend isn't helping matters either.)

That said, a reasonable PT projection is already attached to those guys, so there isn't really much that changes in assigning Chapman to SF. We already knew he was an ~80% PT guy. But he'll be moved to the Giants today, and JD Davis/etc will see their 3B PT adjusted accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Snider View Post
                        Housekeeping question. Matt Chapman signed with SF on Friday March 1st. At this point in spring training and drafts coming up all the time - how long should we expect him to be added to the depth chart in SF along with the corresponding PT reductions of other impacted players. I would have expected that to be reflected yesterday. For those of us who rely on BHQ for this - what is the lag time we should expect in terms of player movement to be reflected in your depth charts. Thsnks
                        Just to clarify

The deal became official this morning. By this morning. I mean at 10 AM est

He signed. But he has to pass a physical first

If HQ moved as fast as you would have liked last yr. Carlos correa would have been on the Giants. Then the Mets. And finally, the Twins

Comment

Thank you for your thoughts - Circle. Always appreciate your wisdom.

Comment

FYI, the league-wide depth charts now have the following changes:
                            - they show total PT, not just PT at the listed position, in the ()
                            - relievers are sorted by Sv%, rather than IP
                            - the CSV file shows one name per cell, so you have much more flexibility to play with fonts/layouts for printing there.

Comment

Ray, I'm looking at the depth chart .csv download and as you mentioned for the hitters it reflects total playing time versus playing time at each position, e.g. Adley Rutschman indicates 85% total PT in the .csv, but the the BAL team page reflects his playing as C-70% and DH-15%. Frankly, total PT by itself doesn't really tell me much. Is there any intention of modifying the depth chart .csv to reflect each player's projected playing time at multiple positions similar to the team pages?

You also mention "relievers are sorted by Sv%, rather than IP." I think I get the intent of the sort by SV%, but I would like to see the relievers actual SV% in the .csv. Again using BAL as an example, the download indicates Craig Kimbrel's RP-4.5%, which mirrors the BAL team page for his RP%. The team page also shows Kimbrel's SV% as 70%, whereas viewing Kimbrel's RP% as a standalone number (4.5) in the .csv download doesn't tell me anything. So as with the hitters, because pitchers oftentimes perform multiple roles, is there any intention to modify the pitchers in the .csv to reflect their projected percentages for SP%, RP%, SV%, and HLD% similar to the numbers reflected on the team pages?​

Comment

There's only so much info we can cram on that league depth chart page and have it be remotely usable. It's really intended to be something printable that you can take to the draft table as a quick reference. We have the individual team pages with all the details you're looking for. We're not going to be able to get that level of detail on the league-wide view.

Eventually we'll try to recreate a league-wide CSV download of the team pages, that would have everything you're looking for. We just haven't gotten to that yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X