Depth Charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depth Charts

I am getting an error message when I try and go to the Depth Charts page. It says Server Error - 500. Can you help please? It's been down for a little while which is why I am pointing it out.
    Last edited by Snider; 02-13-2024, 02:16 PM.

you do realize there is a thread on the new site

the new BaseballHQ site is here. Questions/comments/feedback thread... - BaseballHQ.Com Fantasy Baseball Forums

instead of posting a new issue in a new thread

Comment

I'm getting same error. Guessing someone is working on them.

Comment

That's fixed now.

Comment

Ray - Thank you very much. My apologies to the users that feel i am posting in the wrong place. I've always posted an issue given that HQ Tech Support is designed to post questions or problems with any part of the site. Bottom line is - the depth charts issue has been resolved.

Comment

So I was trying to do some work on my depth charts. Yariel Rodriguez (Tor) was a pitcher I didn't have in my database but he is being allocated 6% and the Special projected starter for Toronto as of today. So i went to the Player Link tab and typed in Rodriguez but he didn't show up. So then I went to the Player link Tab and typed in Toronto Blue Jays and it came up with a server error - 500. I finally went back to the depth chart and clicked on him and his player link page came up. I also went to the CSV files and saw him there. My question is - why doesn't he show up when you type his name into the Player Link box under Rodriguez and why does it come up with a server error when you type in the team? Is that something that is still being worked on or are you even aware of this issue?

Comment

If I go to the search at upper right and type Yariel Rodriguez, he comes up. If I just type 'Rodriguez', he does not... i assume because that last name has too many results for the space. If I type "rodriguez toronto" he also comes up.

I just tried typing Toronto Blue Jays and that worked... all of the results were Toronto players. That may have been a one-time error.

Comment

Got it - Thanks very much.

Comment

I think I have asked this question or alluded to it but I will ask more directly. Right now when I try to print out the depth charts - to print out each team takes 25 pages. The old way was in a grid form where you could print out in 3 or 4 pages. Will we eventually be able to print out the depth charts in 3 or 4 pages again when taking into our drafts?

Comment

We've requested a print-friendly button for the Depth Charts, similar to the CDG. We also expect to add a CSV export option there.

Comment

Hi, Somehow with the new website, I cannot copy paste the depth charts into excel. I tried to see if there were threads but didn't find any. When will the csv button be completed?
                      this is frustrating since we need to start preparing for drafts and auctions in a few weeks and we can't do any analysis we normally have done in the past.

Comment

I raised the priority on that the other day. I expect it done soon.

Comment

CSV and Print-friendly buttons have been added to the Depth Charts page today.

Comment

Ray - thanks for the printer friendly depth charts. But in the CSV file to print - you only list the starters by position and you only list one SP and one RP. Will we be able to get a complete depth chart to print out in a few pages that includes all players from starters and reserves but more importantly all the SP's and RP's? The CSV version you have is incomplete to what you had before and what is in the non CSV depth chart that takes 26 pages to print out. the only print file i see on the depth chart is the one that prints out 26 pages. Am I missing a print friendly button? The CSV button lists only starters and one pitcher for SP's and RP's. And the print button takes 26 pages to print, Can we get something like we had before that gives you all hitters and pitchers on 3-4 pages. Heck I would be willing to reformat after downloading the CSV files if it was more complete. But as it stands now it isn't close to complete.
                            Last edited by Snider; 02-26-2024, 11:17 AM.

Comment

John, that's not correct. The CSV shows every player who is on the depth charts, not just the starters. They are all crammed into one cell per position (which I will investigate changing), but if you expand the row height you will see all of the names.

Printing might be better off the print-friendly option rather than the CSV. If you go to the print-friendly button and change the scale, you can shrink the page considerably (depending on how small a font you can tolerate). I got them onto two pages per league this morning, using 50% scale.

Of course, if you're comfortable in Excel, you can move things around and size it similarly, I'm sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X