No announcement yet.

Cdg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Took CDG points league grids for a test run. A couple things I've noticed. When entering player names for keepers in the text box, the tool wasn't recognizing "Jose" for Jose Ramirez and "Acuna" for Ronald without an accent mark over the "e" in Jose or the tilda over the "n" in Acuna. I entered 50 keepers manually and I guess these were the only 2 that it was an issue for, but I think that's a bug in how that part of the tool is programmed. It took me a while to even find Jose Ramirez this way to select him, until I typed just the "J-o-s" then scrolled down, and "Acu" and scrolled down.

Another thing I'm having an issue with is that this league is a 1 catcher league with 10 teams, but my grid view is putting all catchers below the NV line, even when I select "force positions." I didn't do the math on the other positions but I'm not sure if it's using "force positions" at all... I thought that was the option that forces the grid to display your league's position requirements above the NV line.

thank you.
    2015 NFBC Main Event League Champ (6th in Overall)

Comment

We're still tweaking Force Positions... but in a 1-C, 10-team mixed league, all C's being at the NV line may not be THAT outlandish.

I'm aware of the issue with accent marks in names. We'll get that cleaned up.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
        We're still tweaking Force Positions... but in a 1-C, 10-team mixed league, all C's being at the NV line may not be THAT outlandish.

I'm aware of the issue with accent marks in names. We'll get that cleaned up.
        ok. Is there perhaps a way to get the keepers to not be displayed in the grid? they get displayed right below the NV line too. The league uses 11 bench spots so between the catchers and the rest of the guys below the line, I need to see them clearly, but they get jumbled into a list that includes all the keepers. I don't remember having this issue in the past with the catchers and the reserves, I used this tool every year for a long while and have used it for all types of leagues.

I'd be open to any tip that I can manipulate it with for now just to get it to read better. I think I've tried tweaking all the obvious stuff already.

thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by marknym View Post

ok. Is there perhaps a way to get the keepers to not be displayed in the grid? they get displayed right below the NV line too. The league uses 11 bench spots so between the catchers and the rest of the guys below the line, I need to see them clearly, but they get jumbled into a list that includes all the keepers. I don't remember having this issue in the past with the catchers and the reserves, I used this tool every year for a long while and have used it for all types of leagues.

I'd be open to any tip that I can manipulate it with for now just to get it to read better. I think I've tried tweaking all the obvious stuff already.

thanks again.
          I think I've spotted the issue? Not totally sure. Seems there is no "tier" in the grid for the players worth $0.01-4.99
          So once you get below $5, they're all listed randomly, not even in $ order. So I can't get useful list below the $5 tier. I know when you get down to the end it's splitting hairs but I at least want to read the hairs before I split them, so to speak?

Comment

Originally posted by marknym View Post

I think I've spotted the issue? Not totally sure. Seems there is no "tier" in the grid for the players worth $0.01-4.99
            So once you get below $5, they're all listed randomly, not even in $ order. So I can't get useful list below the $5 tier. I know when you get down to the end it's splitting hairs but I at least want to read the hairs before I split them, so to speak?
            sorry to quote myself multiple times... but also, shouldn't even the NV list be listed in $value order? I think that's how it had been before? thank you Ray and co.

Comment

One more thing: the "print" function isn't working for me. I've tried to print on Chrome and also Safari.

Comment

Yes, we should add a 0.01-4.99 tier. And yes, the print button on the grid page appears to be broken. I'll report those.

Comment

Yes, we should add a 0.01-4.99 tier. And yes, the print button on the grid page appears to be broken. I'll report those.
                  thanks. I'll checkback to see if those get added. In the meantime, I've lied to CDG about the position requirements at each position to get it to list more players above the line. Decent workaround that I think gets me close enough. Throws the top end $ out of whack but I'm doing a snake draft anyway.

Comment

hi, me spamming again... actually, it's still too wonky near the bottom, so could really use that lower tier after all. thanks again. I'll stop tinkering for now.

Comment

Print button is fixed...

Comment

I'm struggling a bit with CDG. Posted initially in a separate thread, moving over to this one. We use 2*saves + holds - BS for the first time this year. That category doesn't exist. Suggestion on other thread was to use Net Relief (S+H-BS) and Saves, but weight them each as half of the other 9 scoring categories. When I run that, all relievers are valueless. Any ideas? I'm running Net Relief and Saves weighted as "1" and the other 9 categories weighted as "2". Thanks.
                        Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless.
                        -- Kenny Powers

There's something about underdogs that really inspires the unexceptional.
                        -- Robert California

Comment

Print button is fixed...
                          thanks. printing direct from the site and just printing the first 4 pages to fit the screen gets me the quick and easy fix I needed w/o having to deal with making my own spreadsheet and resizing etc etc. I'm good to go

Comment

Originally posted by Tennessee_ATO View Post
                            I'm struggling a bit with CDG. Posted initially in a separate thread, moving over to this one. We use 2*saves + holds - BS for the first time this year. That category doesn't exist. Suggestion on other thread was to use Net Relief (S+H-BS) and Saves, but weight them each as half of the other 9 scoring categories. When I run that, all relievers are valueless. Any ideas? I'm running Net Relief and Saves weighted as "1" and the other 9 categories weighted as "2". Thanks.
                            I think something must be wrong with the Net Relief category. I repeated your process and got the same results. Then I tried running it with Relief (SV + H) and Blown Saves as categories (all 11 categories weighted 1) and I got positive values for relievers. Try that as a workaround, Tennessee_ATO. And Ray@HQ, you should add that to the list of fixes.

Comment

Yes, something is wrong with Net Relief (as well as Save+Hold, I think). I just tried it and saw same, I've reported it to the techies.

Comment

Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. Keepers due this week and I’m struggling to figure out relative values for closers in this new scoring format for us.
                                Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless.
                                -- Kenny Powers

There's something about underdogs that really inspires the unexceptional.
                                -- Robert California

Comment

Working...
                                X