Cdg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cdg

Good day ... was wondering when selecting CDG, New League, on the pull down menu, are we supposed to be getting a selection, like Yahoo, CBS, etc. .... I use Safari and sometimes pull down menusit don't work

No, that New League setting is just so you can save settings, give the league a Name (see the field with Name to be entered) and save your settings so you don't have to re-enter them every time.

Yahoo/etc integration will come with a different tool called LeagueSync. But that is separate from the CDG.

Comment

When setting up a new league for points the only thing I get for league setting is League Name and League Universe, will the rest of the options (salary, offensive budget, etc.) be added in a some point? Thank you!
      Baseball is like church. Many attend few understand. - Leo Durocher

Comment

Originally posted by sgrape View Post
        When setting up a new league for points the only thing I get for league setting is League Name and League Universe, will the rest of the options (salary, offensive budget, etc.) be added in a some point? Thank you!
        Yes, right now the CDG is just giving points totals and rankings for points league. We'll merge back in the points-to-dollars part of it in a little bit, once we get the whole tool a bit more stable.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post

Yes, right now the CDG is just giving points totals and rankings for points league. We'll merge back in the points-to-dollars part of it in a little bit, once we get the whole tool a bit more stable.
          Thanks Ray!
          Baseball is like church. Many attend few understand. - Leo Durocher

Comment

Ray - Our league uses quality starts as a category. In your projections after the redesign, quality starts are not projected at this point. If we click on quality starts as a category in the CDG and the dollar values come up with our unique categories but quality starts are projected - do these values for each pitcher reflect quality starts or not? If quality starts were projected on Saturday of last week with the old design and projections - why have we lost them for the new redesign and web site. Do you have any better idea when they are coming back? I have a draft tomorrow.

Comment

No, there are no quality starts projections anywhere on the site right now. If you check the CDG category for QS, that's not doing anything to the values at the moment.

I'll see if I can get an update on the timeline for getting QS added. Won't be long, but I can't promise today.

Comment

Quality Starts are now live on the site, in the static projection files. They should be in the CSV files Saturday AM as well. The Custom Draft Guide hasn't picked them up yet, we're working on that.

Comment

Glanced at the new site and I have two questions right off the bat (sorry).

First, our league uses 'savesX2 + holds' as a category. I seem to remember that being a choice in the previous Custom Draft Guide. Have I overlooked it this time?

Second, I couldn't figure out how to enter keepers and keeper salaries. That capability may arrive with LeagueSync, but unfortunately, my league is served by OnRoto, which according to your FAQ does not work with LS.

Comment

Both of those are "coming soon"... we'll get the full list of old categories added. And keeper support is still in development.

Comment

Thanks! I'm one of those aging people who hate change (Down with the DH! Only the very best teams should qualify for the postseason!), so naturally I was suspicious.

Comment

Ray, in the temporary absence of "2x saves + holds", would it work to select both categories and assign weights of .67 to saves and .33 to holds?

Comment

Yes, that would absolutely work. Except you can't do decimal weights yet. So you would need to set all 9 other categories to weight of 3, Sv to 2 and Holds to 1. That should work...

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post

Hello Ray, I understand you must have a ton still going on with setting up the new site. But do you have a general eta when the auction values will be available for points leagues?

Comment

I'm hoping today/tomorrow.... techies were doing a bunch of work to harden the CDG over the weekend. We'll do some testing and get them out to everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X