2024 Projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post

Points mode is definitely in need of some attention. But in general, you raise an interesting question... is an auction points league an actual thing? Like, is it important to not just rank the players by total point scored, but to attach dollar values to those points totals? We're going to make the CDG do this, as the old version did... but the developers were asking me this and I told them I'd ask around and see if that actually is a format people play.

And we will make the CDG categories exactly match the old site. Clearly a few of the more esoteric cats got missed.
    Hello Ray, thank you for responding. Although I play in a straight draft league I do use the dollar value of players when preparing for the draft. It is a mental thing but the dollar value makes it easier to group and sort players. I found myself making decisions based on two or three points instead of skills on players within a tier. I use the points to set the grid but that is probably the last time I look at a players predicted point total. If you are keeping things the same as before I will be okay. Thanks again.

Comment

The people have spoken on this one. We'll get auction dollars for points leagues working.

Comment

The new layout of the projections absolutely sucks. I don't why you switched to the new layout before getting everything migrated with the old layout in place. Rather than migrating and then trying to switch everything that has changed due to the migration back to the old layouts.

I would reconsidered subscribing to the draft prep if I knew I needed to deal with this mess. The changes weren't this bad with prior migrations (I've been using BHQ for over 20 years).
        [SIZE=10px]blueboy714[/SIZE]

[I][FONT=Arial][SIZE=8px]AMBL - cumulative points league with original rules established 1977 and continuous league since 1983 (40th consecutive year in 2023)
        Lineup: Start 1-C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, Any Infielder, 3-OF, 1-OF/DH, 5-SP, 3-RP, 1-Any P and Reserves-11[/SIZE][/FONT][/I]
        [I][SIZE=8px][FONT=Arial]Our point scoring system is:
        ++ Batting : R=1, H=1, 2B=1, 3B=2, HR=2, RBI=1, SB=1, CS=minus 1, BB=0.5, K=minus 0.5, E=minus 1
        ++ Pitching : W=4.5, L=minus 3, Save=4.5, Hold=3, BS=minus 3, QS=1, IP=1.5, H=minus 0.5, ER=minus 0.5, BB=minus 0.5, K=0.5 [/FONT][/SIZE][/I]

Comment

We are aware the CSVs need attention, I'm actively working on that today.

Comment

In my browser the pitcher projections cut off at ERA, leaving WHIP and thereafter off the page.

Comment

Originally posted by odatgmk123! View Post
              In my browser the pitcher projections cut off at ERA, leaving WHIP and thereafter off the page.
              There's a slider at the bottom of the page, or you can click the page and use left and right arrows

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler View Post

you can click the page and use left and right arrows
                This is the best way

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post

This is the best way
                  Too bad the column descriptions aren't frozen...would seem like a nice addition once the smoke clears and if easy to do

Comment

At least it seems some of you guys can get into the CDG.
                    No matter what i do, it won't let me choose my setting between table or grid view.
                    So keeps kicking back to the top of the page.
                    Would be nice to use what I'm paying for.

Comment

Originally posted by romo View Post
                      At least it seems some of you guys can get into the CDG.
                      No matter what i do, it won't let me choose my setting between table or grid view.
                      So keeps kicking back to the top of the page.
                      Would be nice to use what I'm paying for.
                      Many of us cannot, mentioned in other threads, particularly if you are using IP as a category. If you click on the 5x5 or 4x4 buttons, it should work, for those categories.

Comment

p.s. if you are in a world of hurt timing wise, and since we don't know yet when CDG will be operational for certain categories, you could always get Rotolab and import the HQ projections and run projections through its platform. It is much more flexible than CDG, plus being a draft tool, and much more. You won't be disappointed!

Over the years, I only use CDG between the time of the BHQ projections, and the availability of Rotolab, then afterwards don't use CDG other than to check dollar values between the two.

Comment

Whistler,
                          Thanks for the heads up and advice on Rotolab.
                          Tried the 5x5 and yes that did work, unfortunately like alot of guys here i have some different categories.
                          I'm sure things will get straightened out here soon.
                          I guess just a little frustrated, but hey, if this stuff is the worst thing happening to us in our life then we are doing pretty damn good.

Comment

John, we've already traded like 12 emails on this topic, and I've told you what my expectations are for the improvements in the next couple of weeks. I don't really have anything else to add to what we've already discussed directly.

Comment

Looking at the first page of the 2024 hitter projections, I am wondering about the projected DL column (which I presume is actually IL). As an example, Tatis seems to be projected for 167 DL days but 586 AB. Clicking into the player, I see that the 167 IL days is over the last 3 years. And when you hover over the DL column heading, the popup says "DL Days" on the pitcher projections and "Disabled List" on the hitter projections. To clarify possible confusion, I would change the hover popup to say "IL days last 3 years" as it does on the player page; and change DL to IL on the projection sheet.

Comment

DLDays (and yes, should be changed to IL) are never projected, they're always last three years. Is there somewhere that's saying that's a projection? If so I need to fix that for sure.

But yes, we definitely need better column explainers in general. We'll do that as things settle here.

Comment

Working...
                                X