2024 Projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 Projections

What has happened with all of your 2024 projections? I printed out just two pages worth of projections and they have all changed. Some a little and others more substantially. Connor Norby is now projected to hit 0.361 with an OPS >1.000. Rougned Odor is now projected to hit 0.500. Are blanks equal to zero?

Are you no longer projecting QS?

Comment

QS projections just haven't been implemented on new site yet. Will be back soon.

Comment

I cannot get custom draft guide to work. Filled everything out clicked save and then I clicked run, the page refreshed no results.
        Also, I don't see any support for keepers (the Mack menu item on the previous UI).

Comment

Originally posted by rogueagent View Post
          I cannot get custom draft guide to work. Filled everything out clicked save and then I clicked run, the page refreshed no results.
          Also, I don't see any support for keepers (the Mack menu item on the previous UI).
          Same for me - CDG does work if you click 5x5 or 4x4, but does not work for custom categories. Noted in other thread

Comment

Will the 2024 projections ever be sorted alphabetically again? My CDG doesn't work either and when I try and print depth it is 45 pages. 3 steps back to go 5 steps forward.
            Last edited by Snider; 02-04-2024, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Yes, we'll get sorting by name working. Someone else noted that CDG isnt working if you use IP as a category, we'll get that fixed too. We've got a long list of issues to clean up, as we knew would happen. We'll plow through them as quickly as possible.

Comment

Ray,

How do you get to the Mack Tracker?

Comment

There is no more MACK tracker. It's being replaced by a new tool called LeagueSync, which isn't live yet... we needed a couple more days to clean that up. See my FAQ article on the site for more details.

Comment

Many of us have drafts coming up this weekend and very soon. Could you give us an estimate of the timing that you might have quality starts projected? Could you give an estimated time for when you might have the players sorted alphabetically? Could you give an estimated time for when the CDG might be correct and in a grid form along with your depth charts by team. Bottom line is - could you give an estimate on the timing of when we might be able to utilize your important site as we did a couple of days ago before this change yesterday? I know all of us are trying to be patient while you restore our capabilities to what we have been used to as loyal subscribers. I understand the rationale for the site upgrade and change. What I don’t understand is why it was relaunched with so many items still needing to be changed and worked on and our ability to utilize the site (player projections without all of the projections such as QS, CDG - can’t get it to work properly and to print out the grid, Depth charts in the same format) have been changed. Thank you very much.

Another question on the projections. in a projection update you had Kendall Graveman with zero innings pitched since he is out for the year. But now under his player link page you have him at 4% PT and 58 innings which is not going to happen. Can you explain? There are many others that have changed with questionable projections. Why have those projections changed so much?

Jose Azocar has a 65% PT with an OPS of 0.490 and 21 SB from his playerlink page. If he has a .490 OPS he won't play 65% of the time. Do you have to type in every player you want to see for their player link page as opposed to looking it up by letter and then clicking on the name as before?
                    Last edited by Snider; 02-05-2024, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Hello there,

I hope most are being understanding with the new site. As I prepare for my upcoming draft, I've been exploring the Custom Draft Guide and have a few observations that I thought I'd share with you. I understand that it's a work in progress, and I appreciate the effort that's gone into it.

I noticed that on the Setup League page, the Points Scoring Mode doesn't currently include blown saves. I'm in just one league, and I was wondering if blown saves are not typically considered in most points leagues. Also, I assume "S.Holds" stands for Saves plus Holds?

In the Rotisserie Scoring Mode selection, the League Settings page setup appears more comprehensive due to the inclusion of Auction Values (Salary, Offense Budget, etc.). It would be great if we could incorporate this into the Scoring Mode Setup as well. Currently, when running the report for points leagues, the auction values seem inflated. For instance, Fernando Tatis Jr. is showing as $1341.20, which I believe should be 1340 points. This is causing some distortion in the Grid View, with most players appearing worth more than $50, making it somewhat top-heavy.

Additionally, I encountered an issue under the Rotisserie View where the Table View and Grid View aren't loading.

I appreciate your time and efforts in refining this tool, and I look forward to any insights or updates you may have. Thank you!​

Comment

Originally posted by Snider View Post
                        Many of us have drafts coming up this weekend and very soon. Could you give us an estimate of the timing that you might have quality starts projected? Could you give an estimated time for when you might have the players sorted alphabetically? Could you give an estimated time for when the CDG might be correct and in a grid form along with your depth charts by team. Bottom line is - could you give an estimate on the timing of when we might be able to utilize your important site as we did a couple of days ago before this change yesterday? I know all of us are trying to be patient while you restore our capabilities to what we have been used to as loyal subscribers. I understand the rationale for the site upgrade and change. What I don’t understand is why it was relaunched with so many items still needing to be changed and worked on and our ability to utilize the site (player projections without all of the projections such as QS, CDG - can’t get it to work properly and to print out the grid, Depth charts in the same format) have been changed. Thank you very much.

Another question on the projections. in a projection update you had Kendall Graveman with zero innings pitched since he is out for the year. But now under his player link page you have him at 4% PT and 58 innings which is not going to happen. Can you explain? There are many others that have changed with questionable projections. Why have those projections changed so much?

Jose Azocar has a 65% PT with an OPS of 0.490 and 21 SB from his playerlink page. If he has a .490 OPS he won't play 65% of the time. Do you have to type in every player you want to see for their player link page as opposed to looking it up by letter and then clicking on the name as before?
                        John, I'm just not going to be able to give you estimates on every specific fix. Clearly there's a bunch of data cleanup to do. We're working on it. We're well aware that draft season is coming quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by ElGringo View Post
                          Hello there,

I hope most are being understanding with the new site. As I prepare for my upcoming draft, I've been exploring the Custom Draft Guide and have a few observations that I thought I'd share with you. I understand that it's a work in progress, and I appreciate the effort that's gone into it.

I noticed that on the Setup League page, the Points Scoring Mode doesn't currently include blown saves. I'm in just one league, and I was wondering if blown saves are not typically considered in most points leagues. Also, I assume "S.Holds" stands for Saves plus Holds?

In the Rotisserie Scoring Mode selection, the League Settings page setup appears more comprehensive due to the inclusion of Auction Values (Salary, Offense Budget, etc.). It would be great if we could incorporate this into the Scoring Mode Setup as well. Currently, when running the report for points leagues, the auction values seem inflated. For instance, Fernando Tatis Jr. is showing as $1341.20, which I believe should be 1340 points. This is causing some distortion in the Grid View, with most players appearing worth more than $50, making it somewhat top-heavy.

Additionally, I encountered an issue under the Rotisserie View where the Table View and Grid View aren't loading.

I appreciate your time and efforts in refining this tool, and I look forward to any insights or updates you may have. Thank you!​
                          Points mode is definitely in need of some attention. But in general, you raise an interesting question... is an auction points league an actual thing? Like, is it important to not just rank the players by total point scored, but to attach dollar values to those points totals? We're going to make the CDG do this, as the old version did... but the developers were asking me this and I told them I'd ask around and see if that actually is a format people play.

And we will make the CDG categories exactly match the old site. Clearly a few of the more esoteric cats got missed.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post

Points mode is definitely in need of some attention. But in general, you raise an interesting question... is an auction points league an actual thing? Like, is it important to not just rank the players by total point scored, but to attach dollar values to those points totals? We're going to make the CDG do this, as the old version did... but the developers were asking me this and I told them I'd ask around and see if that actually is a format people play.

And we will make the CDG categories exactly match the old site. Clearly a few of the more esoteric cats got missed.
                            Ray, just wanted to throw out there that total bases is missing from points leagues on CDG. Also, I'm getting strange returns but as with TB i'll wait a few days as I know you mentioned that it needed attention. Just wanted to make you aware. Thanks for all the hard work you're putting in!
                            Baseball is like church. Many attend few understand. - Leo Durocher

Comment

We will get all of the old category options back into the CDG ASAP. I'm spending my day today collecting and prioritizing all of these issues. I expect many will get cleaned up quickly.

Comment

Working...
                              X