Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overseas access

Hi Ray,
    I'm just writing to provide another nudge for USA Today to allow baseballhq access when you're out of the US. I know we kicked this around 2-3 years ago, and it's not the hassle it used to be, since i can fool them by using a VPN that'll say I'm in the US. But it's still jarring when that big blue screen comes up saying "we won't let you use our site from outside the US", and then I have to go fire up the VPN ruse to get here.
    Hope all's well with you and yours,
    Tom

Yeah, this remains stupid. I was just banging the drum on this with corporate recently.... not that it seems to be having much effect. But I haven't forgotten.

Comment

Ray,

I will be in Morocco for a few weeks. If I recall the lack of HQ access is merely a European Union issue, is that right? Thanks.

Bluester

Comment

Originally posted by bluester View Post
        Ray,

I will be in Morocco for a few weeks. If I recall the lack of HQ access is merely a European Union issue, is that right? Thanks.

Bluester
        Correct, it's only the EU that is blocked.

Comment

Well, right, but I'm in London. Somebody forgot to tell USA Today about Brexit.

Comment

Lol, only temporarily. My days of doing all this from Kenya and Uganda are over. Back in the US most of the time. Just irritates me I can't get to baseballhq in London without using a VPN mask.

Comment

Hi again. Maybe this has been solved? Accessed the site today from Schipol...

Comment

Yeah, we can't take credit card payments from the EU, but the hard block for vacationing subscribers is gone (though I can't promise it will stay that way forever.)

Tom, you continue to have the most interesting passport of anyone I know....

Comment

Thanks! Working in Kigali for a bit (hence the AMS stop) and then Malawi. Hope all's well on your end.

Comment

Sitting in the Philippines reading and responding to this thread.

Comment

I had no issues (aside from Wi-Fi connections) in January when I was in SE Asia.
                      "What we need in the United Stated is not hatred; what we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness but is love, and wisdom and compassion toward one another and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or whether they be black." -- Robert F. Kennedy, April 4, 1968, from a flatbed truck in Indianapolis, as he informed the crowd of the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by bluester View Post
                        Sitting in the Philippines reading and responding to this thread.
                        Why?
                        http://youtu.be/YtpkrIS4Sig?hd=1

Comment

Working...
                        X