Yoshitomo Tsustugo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yoshitomo Tsustugo

He has not appeared in a single player projection file since he was traded to LAD. I know he has a projection because I can see it in the depth chart and in Playerlink. Just flagging it for attention.

Are you sure you're downloading the latest files? Sometimes if you download regularly, your browser caches the last one and you don't get the latest version. I just opened both the NL and MLB batter CSV files today, and see him in both.

Comment

Ah. I misspoke. He has not appeared in a single CDG file since he moved. (I see him in the stats and projections files.)

Comment

That's kind of weird. I thought the CDG through everybody in the player pool into the valuation, but it seems like it doesn't. If I run the CDG against YTD stats rather than projections, I get Tsutsugo in the output... so there's nothing natively wrong with Tsutsugo's player record. But I can't get him to appear in a CDG with projected data, either. I'm wondering if there's a playing time clip level, and his projected ~20 AB are getting dropped on the cutting room floor.

Comment

Well, that would also explain why I can't find some players in the CDG soon after they get called up. I usually put the blame on a delay in projecting them -- if someone is only getting a spot start, why project them? -- but a PT cutoff would also make sense. If only there were someone you could ask about that.

Comment

Originally posted by JonE View Post
            Well, that would also explain why I can't find some players in the CDG soon after they get called up. I usually put the blame on a delay in projecting them -- if someone is only getting a spot start, why project them? -- but a PT cutoff would also make sense. If only there were someone you could ask about that.
            Right? I like to think you don't stump me often. I'll dig deeper into this.

Comment

Originally posted by JonE View Post
              I do know from observation of the CDG reports (as opposed to programming them) that Pitcher cutoffs vary. Earlier in the year, 6 IP would be included. Then it changed to 12. Yesterday, it was 10. The point is, it's always a low number since that's where a projection of wins and saves being greater than 1 are extremely remote, and it takes more than 1 win or save to bump a player off of his -3 to -4 value in taking up a roster slot before producing any stats. Same for the ratio stats. It takes very low or very high ratio numbers over less than 10 IP to budge the -3 to -4 empty roster value.

I'm sure the same phenomenon exists for Batters; at some level, a reasonable projection of counting stats in less than X AB won't budge the negative value of a hole in your roster, just as only extremely low or high ratio stats will budge that value in so few ABs. I haven't paid attention to Batters on this matter this season, but a fast scan of a CDG report will quickly highlight that minimum AB number in the -3 to -8 range, I suspect.
              10 Team, 14+9, NL Only, 4x4, 2-Year Ultra League (draft year, final year if not signed, back to draft pool), Up to 12 Keepers

12 Team, Mixed 5x5, Head to Head, Redraft
              C 1B 2B 3B SS OF OF OF UT UT SP SP RP RP P P P P; 5 Bench, 4 IL

Comment

Working...
              X