Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new features did the Upgrade bring us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post

Yes, in the forum list (or I think in the 'What's new?' view as well (although I just cleared mine so can't be sure), there's a green checkmark on the thread icon on the left if you've posted in the thread. If you mouse over that icon, it also tells you how many posts you have in the thread.
    Thanks, Ray, I do see that in "What's new," which is the only place I go. That green checkmark is pretty hard to see, at least for my eyes It would help if there was some way to make it more distinct.

Comment

Use the zoom in your browser. Type Ctrl++.
      Also, at least on a Mac, two-finger double tap zooms in. Trust me, as I get older I find myself using that more and more.

Comment

I noticed today that the posts are not numbered ( I dont think, or cant find it), and thus cannot refer by number to previous post, Am I missing it?

Comment

They are for me, is it a permissions issue? I see yours is #48 in this thread, in the usual location in top right corner of your post.

Comment

You can also see the overall post number (i believe), in the url if you hover your mouse over the #48.
            "The problem with quotes found on the internet is that it is nearly impossible to verify the source." - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I'm not seeing it

Comment

How about now?

Comment

Where would I look for the post #?

On another note, when moving from What's New to click on an unread forum post, it goes to the most recent post, not the most recent unread post (as in the old days). Is there a setting I am missing?

Comment

Oh wait, I see. If I go from Whats New to the list of unread forum posts, and click on that Blue link, there are no post numbers. However, if I click on the tiny little blue arrow at the right and go to the last post, the forum post #s are there.

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler View Post

On another note, when moving from What's New to click on an unread forum post, it goes to the most recent post, not the most recent unread post (as in the old days). Is there a setting I am missing?
                      If you click on the blue double-arrow icon (rather than the thread title itself), it should take you to last unread post.

Comment

If you click on the blue double-arrow icon (rather than the thread title itself), it should take you to last unread post.
                        It takes me to the last post, not the last unread post

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler View Post

It takes me to the last post, not the last unread post
                          That's not how it's working for me. Obviously it take me to the most recent post if there's only one new one since I last read the thread, but if there is more than one new one, it's taking me to the first new one... as it should.

Maybe you marked all forums read more recently than you think, so the last read location got reset on you?

Comment

That's not how it's working for me. Obviously it take me to the most recent post if there's only one new one since I last read the thread, but if there is more than one new one, it's taking me to the first new one... as it should.

Maybe you marked all forums read more recently than you think, so the last read location got reset on you?
                            I have the same issue, this has not worked correctly for me since the update.

Comment

Sorry to be dense. What do you mean by "maybe you marked all forums read?" Where would I do that? Or undo that?

Comment

No problem. Click on 'forums home' at the top left. Scroll down. Below the list of forums, there's a link 'Mark all channels read'. If you click that, you're marking all threads read, i.e. your read status on all threads is updated. So after you do that, if you leave and come back, click on 'what's new' and get the list of updated threads... if you click on the blue circle next to any of thread in that list, you'll be brought to only the threads that are new since you 'marked all channels read'.

There is no undo for 'mark all channels read', btw.

Comment

Working...
                                X