2021 projections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whistler View Post
    Will the Playerlink continue to have the old format and not add the new metrics in BF (Qbab, barrel%, etc). Seems like at one time there was going to be a button to hit to toggle between the two formats. Or am I missing it?
    The toggle button is at the top of pitcher pages for the K/9 and bb/9. We will be working on bringing in QBaB and the other new metrics.

Comment

Kopech with only 87 IP seems a bit low on PT.
      Bulls Baseball (11 Years Running):
      12 Team H2H Mixed Keep 3 Forever League (No Salaries). 38 min innings/week
      Offensive Stats: R HR RBI SB AVG TB BB K
      Pitching Stats: W L SV TB CG ERA WHIP K/9

SHSFBL (15 Years Running):
      16 Team H2H Mixed 5X5 Redraft League

Comment

Posted a pretty significant update to batter projections just now. Dealt specifically with the Kirk and Gurriel issues mentioned in this thread. Also updated Josh Bell's projection (he picked up a couple of HR and about 6-7 pts of BA in the PIT->WAS move) plus the other player movement of the past ~10 days. Also added projections for about 40 more batters who didn't have any proj in the first set. That leaves another 45 or so who still need projections added, but it's a pretty bleak list... Matt Wieters, Jake Marisnick, Joe Panik, Eduardo Nunez, Jonathan Lucroy, Brock Holt.... not a lot of difference-makers in there. I'll still get those added over the next couple of updates, of course.

Similar update for pitchers coming this week, hopefully tomorrow. Will address the pitchers mentioned above in that update.

Comment

OK, completed my significant pitcher update as well. Similar to batter side... still more low-PT guys who need attention, but we're in pretty good shape at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by tangs24783 View Post
            Kopech with only 87 IP seems a bit low on PT.
            Eh, maybe? I'd love to get some guidance on innings expectations for him from the White Sox... maybe as we get closer to camps opening. I know he starts the year healthy, but he's had an awful lot of downtime too.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
              I'd love to get some guidance on innings expectations for him from the White Sox... maybe as we get closer to camps opening.
              It's hard for me to believe the White Sox aren't giving you clear and specific guidance already.

Comment

Originally posted by JonE View Post
                It's hard for me to believe the White Sox aren't giving you clear and specific guidance already.
                I know, right? So inconsiderate.

Comment

Ray - Why have you lowered the AB's on Jose Abreu by as much as you have? Why has his PT gone down to 80% and how can you have Edwin Encarnacion with a higher PT than Abreu when he is not even part of their team and is still a FA? Abreu with slightly more than 500 AB's seems awfully conservative. Thank you.

Comment

Not sure if this is the right place but random question about stats generation. How can I generate just a monthly view of a certain set of stats? I was just reading the BPV leaders for Sept and realized I have no clue how to generate that specific view. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Snider View Post
                      Ray - Why have you lowered the AB's on Jose Abreu by as much as you have? Why has his PT gone down to 80% and how can you have Edwin Encarnacion with a higher PT than Abreu when he is not even part of their team and is still a FA? Abreu with slightly more than 500 AB's seems awfully conservative. Thank you.
                      Well thats not me, that's our CHW analyst, Rick Green. It's not about Encarn (we know he's an FA, we just have him parked on Chicago for now), but I know he was trying to bump up the projections for Andrew Vaughn and Zach Collins. I agree 80% is too low for Abreu, though... we'll get him bumped back up.

Edit: I bumped Abreu back to 90, and moved EE to free agent. I doubt he's returning to CHW.
                      Last edited by RAY@HQ; 01-26-2021, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kbeard2 View Post
                        Not sure if this is the right place but random question about stats generation. How can I generate just a monthly view of a certain set of stats? I was just reading the BPV leaders for Sept and realized I have no clue how to generate that specific view. Thanks!
                        You can't do it right now, but you can in-season... our in-season stats/projections files contain last 7 and last 31 day splits.

Comment

Awesome! Thank you sir!

Comment

Christian Javier.... 11.2 DOM over 145 innings? Seems a bit steep especially considering his numbers and write up suggest regression.
                            Bulls Baseball (11 Years Running):
                            12 Team H2H Mixed Keep 3 Forever League (No Salaries). 38 min innings/week
                            Offensive Stats: R HR RBI SB AVG TB BB K
                            Pitching Stats: W L SV TB CG ERA WHIP K/9

SHSFBL (15 Years Running):
                            16 Team H2H Mixed 5X5 Redraft League

Comment

Hmm, that definitely merits a look.

Comment

Hard to imagine Rich Hill throwing 160 innings.
                                The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

Comment

Working...
                                X