No announcement yet.

Santana Plan anchors for 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any chance of a sneak preview - I draft tonight!
    20-team weekly mixed points redraft league:
    Start: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, DH; SP SP SP SP SP RP RP
    1B (2 pts), 2B (3), 3B (4), HR (6), RBI (3), R (1), SB (3); Wins for SP (25), SV (20), IP (1), K-BB (1), QS (5)
    10-team mixed rotisserie redraft league 8 x 8 - redraft:
    (R, HR, RBI, AVG, SLG, OBP, NSB, Ks x IP, W, L, QS, NSV, ERA, WHIP, K/9)
    Finished first in 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, and 2019 thanks to HQ.

Comment

Originally posted by uv_light View Post
      any chance of a sneak preview - i draft tonight!
      ditto!
      mixed keeper auction 16 teams high stakes $ long running with consistent ownership - *16 teams this year 2019*!
      5x5 (obp instead of avg) and 24 active players,10 pitchers.
      8 reserve slots ($3, snake draft). 3 minors slots. 260 budget. 100 faab budget weekly.
      8 roster keepers - max 3 years @ +$3 1st year kept, +$4 2nd year, +$7 third year.
      3 Minors keepers +$1/year

Comment

yes sneak preview please. suspense is killing me and my chances of pitching staff excellence!

Comment

Sneak preview: There are only six Santana Plan anchors this year according to the statistical screen: Bumgarner, Kershaw, Kluber, Price, Sale and Scherzer. Subjectively, some of those obviously have varying degrees of injury concerns.
          "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

What about Cueto? We need him in there too

Comment

Originally posted by Brew Crew View Post
              What about Cueto? We need him in there too
              We need him in there? Not sure what that means.

You know we're not just making this up, right? There's a defined criteria, and Michael's approach determines who fits the criteria. It isn't a popularity contest.

Comment

Oh i see how it is. Sounds like insider trading to me. Driving Cuetos value down with a secret formula and then get on the cheap at the Tout wars

Comment

BrewCrew,

Short answer is that a guy needs to have very good skills for the last two years. Cueto's 2015 wasn't up to snuff -- you can check out his 2015 xERA on his PlayerLink page (at his Historical tab) to confirm what I'm saying.

Yu Darvish, who you mentioned earlier, isn't anywhere close to being on the list of Santana Plan anchors.

Ray is right: there's a fairly elaborate statistical screen that determines who the anchors are each season.

Comment

Yeah I know. Im just messing with you guys. 3 days until opening day here son. Lighten up

Comment

Much appreciated as always gents
                      mixed keeper auction 16 teams high stakes $ long running with consistent ownership - *16 teams this year 2019*!
                      5x5 (obp instead of avg) and 24 active players,10 pitchers.
                      8 reserve slots ($3, snake draft). 3 minors slots. 260 budget. 100 faab budget weekly.
                      8 roster keepers - max 3 years @ +$3 1st year kept, +$4 2nd year, +$7 third year.
                      3 Minors keepers +$1/year

Comment

Originally posted by Michael@HQ View Post
                        Sneak preview: There are only six Santana Plan anchors this year according to the statistical screen: Bumgarner, Kershaw, Kluber, Price, Sale and Scherzer. Subjectively, some of those obviously have varying degrees of injury concerns.
                        Many thanks! Price has been dropping like a lead balloon in mocks I have been (average of around pick 70), so I will be very curious come round 7 tonight.
                        20-team weekly mixed points redraft league:
                        Start: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, DH; SP SP SP SP SP RP RP
                        1B (2 pts), 2B (3), 3B (4), HR (6), RBI (3), R (1), SB (3); Wins for SP (25), SV (20), IP (1), K-BB (1), QS (5)
                        10-team mixed rotisserie redraft league 8 x 8 - redraft:
                        (R, HR, RBI, AVG, SLG, OBP, NSB, Ks x IP, W, L, QS, NSV, ERA, WHIP, K/9)
                        Finished first in 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017, and 2019 thanks to HQ.

Comment

If one needs a few more targets, Jon Lester and Chris Archer seem worthwhile. Archer in particular looks like good value based on his ADP and has been the subject of many favorable articles on our website during the past several weeks.

Comment

Article was posted overnight.

Comment

ty mike

g
                              not rotiserrie- H2H both teams redraft. (league 2 we can keep 2 players)
                              1)private league. 12 team mixed, snake draft, 6x6 h2h daily. cats are r, rbi, sb, ba, oba, hr & w, saves, k's and k9's, era, whip. (k's and k9's plus we need 42 innings pitched per week, leans toward good pitching league)

2)private league, 12 team mxed, snake draft 6x5 weekly h2h.

Comment

Very well done as always, Michael.

Comment

Working...
                                X