No announcement yet.

Santana Plan anchors for 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Kluber a Santana plan pitcher this year? Or is he thrown off the list? Scherzers off the list? Whats going on here?

Comment

I think the list above works but Kershaw 1 the others 1a. Question I have is how much for a Santana anchor - up to 50 in 16 team mixed? Then would you rather have Kershaw at 50 or say hamels and degrom for 50? I'd go latter. Maybe max price has to be 40 or 45 - less than cost of those two or their equivalents (straburg and cueto)? Could there should there be a dynamic duo plan instead if numbers can't work i.e. The Santana worth less than the dynamic duo?
      Last edited by HoyaSaxa; 03-22-2017, 05:35 PM.
      mixed keeper auction 16 teams high stakes $ long running with consistent ownership - *16 teams this year 2019*!
      5x5 (obp instead of avg) and 24 active players,10 pitchers.
      8 reserve slots ($3, snake draft). 3 minors slots. 260 budget. 100 faab budget weekly.
      8 roster keepers - max 3 years @ +$3 1st year kept, +$4 2nd year, +$7 third year.
      3 Minors keepers +$1/year

Comment

I was looking for this annual article too. I couldn't recall the official name but when I saw this thread it clicked. I hope the article comes out ASAP before my draft. This is one of the most useful reads I do from HQ each preseason. Thanks.

Comment

Darvish!!!! Hes Santana plan material

Comment

Was thinking of utilizing The Kershaw Plan this year, but really hesitating now ... the back issue WAS real last year. Do I REALLY want to gamble my entire season on his back? I am continuing to monitor but this is a toughie.

Comment

Originally posted by Brew Crew View Post
              Darvish!!!! Hes Santana plan material
              Note that the criteria for the plan is two straight years of consistently elite performance. Since Darvish didn't pitch at all in 2015, I'm confident in saying he will not be on the list.

Comment

Would seem two pitchers you could get for 20ish better than kershaw at twice the price this year given options at both price points.
                mixed keeper auction 16 teams high stakes $ long running with consistent ownership - *16 teams this year 2019*!
                8 reserve slots ($3, snake draft). 3 minors slots. 260 budget. 100 faab budget weekly.
                8 roster keepers - max 3 years @ +$3 1st year kept, +$4 2nd year, +$7 third year.

Comment

So Darvish is left off on a technicality. Thats messed up

Comment

I don't know that it's a "technicality". Part of the strategy is predicated on this SP being a "guaranteed" stud anchor to your staff. Someone who missed an entire year (plus a good amount of time last year) due to injury is hardly a guarantee.
                    If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
                    -Bill Lyon

Comment

The Darvish plan is the very opposite of the Santana plan. Invest top dollar in an Ace with maximum injury risk and uncertainty.

Comment

Thats what i was talking about. The Darvish plan.

Comment

Syndergaard? Or is he disqualified due to lack of track record? I think he'd be the best non-Kershaw option.

Comment

Hmmmmm......

Comment

What happened to it being ready within a week? Let Johann's plan live. The Santana Plan's Fans are begging for the content.

Comment

It'll be released this week.
                                "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Working...
                                X