Santana Plan anchors for 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santana Plan anchors for 2017

Curious if there will be an article that discussed the Santana Plan anchors for the upcoming season. I have enjoyed this article in the past and wanted to make sure that I haven't missed it.

The article (I'm usually the author) hasn't been written. I haven't heard of it being on the schedule, but often I hear about it on fairly short notice. Even if the article doesn't happen, I'll at least run the numbers and post the Santana Plan anchors here.
    "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

I like the Santana plan too

Comment

The Santana Plan anchors article is very helpful in my draft prep. It's an exercise I do on my own as well because I tend to wait on starting pitching as long as possible. Last year's article helped me solidify my plan to target Lester and then wait on pitching.

Comment

We will indeed have a Santana Plan article this year.

Comment

Will David Price be in it? Reading his Forecaster write-up would imply he is a suitable ace, Portfolio1 to boot. Then he had this "episode" in Spring Training but passed the scrutiny of two surgeons including Dr. James Andrews who say his UCL is in tact.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael@HQ View Post
              We will indeed have a Santana Plan article this year.
              So you've just been told, er, asked to write it and can it be ready yesterday!

Comment

Might have been ready by now if we didn't have a power outage last weekend!

I've not run the data, so I don't know which pitchers will be in this year's article.

Comment

Any estimate of when this article will come out? My draft is this Wednesday night and I would love to examine these players before the draft takes place...Thanks for the help

Comment

Definitely not before tomorrow but probably within a week.

Comment

that is a little disappointing...normally that article has been posted by now we are only a couple weeks from the season starting. It does me zero good to see that article after my draft. Is there anyway we can find that info another way...provide a list of guys to research?

Comment

I've not pulled the data and determined who they are yet. In general, you want to look for starting pitchers that have demonstrated excellent or very good skills during both 2015 and 2016.

The article will definitely be posted before opening day weekend, which is the most popular draft weekend, but that won't help you, Brent.

Comment

Any ideas of who are locks for the Santana plan...I would guess...Bumgardner, Scherzer, Kluber, Lester...any other obvious choices I would be missing...what I like about the article is typically it identifies a bargain ADP pitcher like Lester last season that you can get later...than above listed pitchers

Comment

We could probably rename it the Kershaw plan....In 16 team mixed will bid up to $45 for Kershaw. He went for $49 last year (when we had only 14 teams; Bum went for $30 and Scherzer $39 last year).
                            mixed keeper auction 16 teams high stakes $ long running with consistent ownership - *16 teams this year 2019*!
                            5x5 (obp instead of avg) and 24 active players,10 pitchers.
                            8 reserve slots ($3, snake draft). 3 minors slots. 260 budget. 100 faab budget weekly.
                            8 roster keepers - max 3 years @ +$3 1st year kept, +$4 2nd year, +$7 third year.
                            3 Minors keepers +$1/year

Comment

Originally posted by brentmetcalf View Post
                              Any ideas of who are locks for the Santana plan...I would guess...Bumgardner, Scherzer, Kluber, Lester...any other obvious choices I would be missing...what I like about the article is typically it identifies a bargain ADP pitcher like Lester last season that you can get later...than above listed pitchers
                              If I were drafting today, I'm not sure I'd include Scherzer on the list. Until I see him 100% healthy, there's a risk that doesn't comport with a Santana plan ace.
                              "What we need in the United Stated is not hatred; what we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness but is love, and wisdom and compassion toward one another and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or whether they be black." -- Robert F. Kennedy, April 4, 1968, from a flatbed truck in Indianapolis, as he informed the crowd of the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X