CDG on Safari

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDG on Safari

I'm having a lot of trouble this year with the CDG using Safari. Anyone else? I can get to the screen where I set the parameters of the CDG but when I tell it to run the data, it takes a really long time and often appears to stall out. I've tried it using IE on a different computer and had no problems. I have not had these problems in past years.

Thanks,
    Nick.

Are you on Safari on an iOS device, or on an actual Mac computer? I've heard of this happening on iOS devices. It does seem to be new this year, but we haven't changed anything on our end, so I'm sort of suspicious that it's due to some sort of change in how iOS works.

Our tech guys are aware and poking around at it. But I'm not terribly optimistic we'll be able to do much about it on this end.

If you are on a Mac computer, can you try it Firefox or Chrome?

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
      Are you on Safari on an iOS device, or on an actual Mac computer? I've heard of this happening on iOS devices. It does seem to be new this year, but we haven't changed anything on our end, so I'm sort of suspicious that it's due to some sort of change in how iOS works.

Our tech guys are aware and poking around at it. But I'm not terribly optimistic we'll be able to do much about it on this end.

If you are on a Mac computer, can you try it Firefox or Chrome?
      Had problems with both iOS devices and Macbook Air. I will try Firefox or Chrome.

Comment

CDG takes about 45 seconds to load on Mac Desktop running Safari 10.0 on OS X El Capitan 10.11.6.

Same computer, Firefox 50.1.0 ran in 4 seconds.

Comment

I just ran a CDG report on my iMAC. Took about 3 seconds to load. I'm running OS X El Capitan; version 10.11.6 -- it's Safari version 9.1.2. Not an expert -- or even close to it, but it seems that the newer version of Safari is taking a lot longer.
          "What we need in the United Stated is not hatred; what we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness but is love, and wisdom and compassion toward one another and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or whether they be black." -- Robert F. Kennedy, April 4, 1968, from a flatbed truck in Indianapolis, as he informed the crowd of the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Only use Macs, use Firefox, and use the CDG a lot. No problems except if I want to print off the CDG other than vertical and 100%, which doesn't fit. To go to landscape mode and less than 100% I need to use Safari. And have had no problems with Safari loading up the CDG.

Comment

Currently out of the country, only with the iPad. Finding now that neither Safari or Firefox will load up a CDG. I get this each time, with either Safari or Firefox, on the iPad:

"Full List and Positional Reports are temporarily not availiable using the Safari web browser. Please try Chrome or Firefox or Internet Explorer to view these pages"

Somewhat distressing as I have a draft coming up. Hard enough in a foreign country as it is!

Any thoughts? Some kind of fix possible?

Comment

We're actively working on it. You should still have the Grid and CSV download options available right now though. What we did on Safari was hide the full table that appears when you run the CDG, as that was never finishing on Safari. By hiding that, at least you have the ability to get to those other views.

Comment

You know what? I never kept going after getting that message that it didn't work. Pushed "GRID" and sure enough, up it came.

Comment

Good, that's what we were going for.

Comment

And just to be clear from my own experiences with Safari, it DOES work, but it literally takes several minutes before it shows up. Nobody waits several minutes, so it's as if it doesn't work.

Before this change, however, I would start the process and go do something else. Worked.
                      MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Comment

Right, it would come back in something like 5 minutes. Obviously beyond the tolerance threshold.

Comment

Originally posted by NICK@HQ View Post
                          And just to be clear from my own experiences with Safari, it DOES work, but it literally takes several minutes before it shows up. Nobody waits several minutes, so it's as if it doesn't work.

Before this change, however, I would start the process and go do something else. Worked.
                          Not for me now. A week or so ago, it took me about two minutes to load. Now I get the message that Steve quoted.
                          "What we need in the United Stated is not hatred; what we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness but is love, and wisdom and compassion toward one another and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or whether they be black." -- Robert F. Kennedy, April 4, 1968, from a flatbed truck in Indianapolis, as he informed the crowd of the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yes, I was talking about before the most recent work being done.
                            MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Comment

It's worked fine for me in the past in both Safari and Chrome with my mobile IOS device. I'm having no such luck as of now. Whatever changes were recently made have made things worse, not better for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X