Mayberry Method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pitchers separated now

Ray -- It appears the pitchers have been separated from the hitters in the Custom Draft Guide. There isn't a way to combine the two lists? In the Forecaster the comparison of ADP and actual performance combined them. Was that done by hand?

Comment

CDG output has always been separated by hitters/pitchers. Not hard to combine them with a little Excel magic, if you feel the need.

The Forecaster processes are entirely different.

Comment

Is there any way we could get a summary of Mayberry articles on this page: http://www.baseballhq.com/members/ne...ategy/strategy. Or are they somewhere else? I would find it much easier to have these listed somewhere rather than having to search the whole site for the essential Mayberry readings to make sure I understand the whole thing. Thx.

Comment

Yeah, we can do something like that. Things are crazy right now though, give us some time.

Comment

I have really warmed to the MM concept this offseason and find that it does an excellent job of making me quit focusing on precise numbers that are about as imprecise as they can be, and focusing on general projections of players. My problem, however, is that my league uses OBP instead of BA. For many players that does not represent a significant change in value, but for others it does.

I realize that the difference between the "actual" MM Score and what would be ideal for me is likely no more than 10 points in the most extreme cases. That said, those 10 points can be significant when mapping draft strategy. I think the players who will have a disconnect between BA and OBP are easy enough to identify for a manual change on my part. I'm wrestling with the ranges for each value though and can't seem to settle on anything. I'm probably WAY over-thinking the values. Any suggestions/guidance would be appreciated.
            Fundamentals are the crutch of the talentless.
            -- Kenny Powers

There's something about underdogs that really inspires the unexceptional.
            -- Robert California

Comment

Working...
            X