Mayberry Method

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayberry Method

Based much of my 2011 draft on the Mayberry Method. The 2011 Forecaster had 2 pages dedicated solely to player Mayberry rankings.

The 2012 Forecaster has no dedicated Mayberry page, but does use Mayberry scores in the Universal Draft Grid.

Is there a place on the web site that has Maybery score rankings like 2011, or is the Universal D G the only place to see MM ratings this year?

"To be a saint you need three miracles, but two of them can be card tricks."
    Father Guido Sarducci

Here: http://www.baseballhq.com/content/fa...yberry-targets
    "Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." -- George Carlin

Comment

Thank you

Comment

I understand the updates to the MM ratings are on the site in downloadable form. I just can't find where that file is located. Can anyone direct me?
        Jim T

Comment

click the link to Ron's article above, then about midway down the page, 10 lines below the MM Pitching calcualtion, click the "Here is this year's preliminary list" link to download the file

Comment

Originally posted by JThiher View Post
            I understand the updates to the MM ratings are on the site in downloadable form. I just can't find where that file is located. Can anyone direct me?
            Jim T
            And the MM codes and ratings are in the Stats/Projections file and the Custom Draft Guide.

Comment

will there be an update on the MM this month? I have a few drafts in mid and late March

Comment

I'm not sure if Ron is going to update that static spreadsheet. But MM codes and values are fully integrated into the projections and Custom Draft Guide, so the tools are available to you, updated daily.

Comment

How applicable are MM when leagues expand beyond 5X5?
                  For example leagues that count holds, quality starts and used OBP either in addition to or in
                  place of BA.

Comment

Adding reliability to MM

Thanks for the link to the MM file. Is there going to be a posting of the revised table reflecting the reliability number that Patrick Davitt just wrote about so brilliantly?

I think it could be the missing part of the puzzle for me. I am in a head to head league and when a player goes south on you recovery is almost impossible. No spike after recovery can bring back any of the weeks lost while he was down.

I love the new site. It seems as though there is even more interesting and valuable writing than there has been before. Keep it up..

Comment

PD's work on Mayberry is separate from the "official" Mayberry list. If you want to pursue PD's approach, you'll need to do it in your own Excel sheet. Sorry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                        PD's work on Mayberry is separate from the "official" Mayberry list.
                        I'm a rebel!
                        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                        'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

Originally posted by Lightning Rod View Post
                          ...that Patrick Davitt just wrote about so brilliantly?
                          (Blushes) Aw, shucks, t'weren't nuthin'...
                          - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                          'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

Originally posted by PD@HQ View Post
                            I'm a rebel!
                            But do you have a cause?

Comment

PD, how about using your considerable talents to do the same thing you did with the reliability grades with the DOM/DIS percentages with Mayberry? It would be very valuable for us head to headers.

Comment

Working...
                              X