Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sale, N Feliz, Bard -- New Roles, New ERA Projections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sale, N Feliz, Bard -- New Roles, New ERA Projections?

What kind of effect can we see on the projected ERAs with these guys moving from the pen to the rotation?

I already noticed a bump on up on the ERAs from the Forecaster on Sale and Bard so I might have answered my own question, but N Feliz's pERA has stayed the same with a significant pIP increase.

On a side note, are there other pitchers I'm missing who are moving from the pen to the rotation?

Thank you.

In the AL, there also is Aaron Crow and Jim Johnson (as of right now). On average, ERAs are 0.75 - 1.00 higher for relievers who become starters.
    "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Originally posted by Michael@HQ View Post
      In the AL, there also is Aaron Crow and Jim Johnson (as of right now). On average, ERAs are 0.75 - 1.00 higher for relievers who become starters.
      Michael, thank you for the quick reply. Will we eventually see BBHQ eventually change the pERA on a bunch of these guys, then?

I remember guys like P Hughes and CJ Wilson getting about a half run bump in the past. I already see that BBHQ gave Bard about a half run bump already from the Forecaster. I don't expect much change (or any) for Sale, since the Forecaster already had him at 127 innings and in a SP role. Feliz, however, has had his pIP increase by 100+ innings and still has the 3.21 pERA from the Forecaster.

Comment

I'm not sure. There certainly is some skepticism about whether Crow will stick as a starter.

Comment

Oops, I was wrong about Jim Johnson. Earlier in the off-season, he was said to be headed toward the rotation, but now the plan is for him to close games.

Crow is projected by BaseballHQ right now to have a bullpen role (73 IP in 47 games).

Comment

Working...
          X