Rc/g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rc/g

I just was comparing Mark Teixeira and Carlos Pena and I noticed that Tex has a higher projected OBA and OPS, but a lower projected RC/G. How is that possible? Does RC/G overrate the run value of slugging? Thanks.
    some of my music here

Not sure I understand the question. OBP and OPS are not direct elements of the rc/g formula, so I wouldn't expect a 100% correlation.

Comment

If player A has a higher OBP and OPS than player B, Player A's rc/g should always be higher. This is an axiom as far as I know, unless the rc/g formula doesn't take into account AB, walks, hits, HBP, GDP, SB, CS, and total bases.

The exception is when player A has more GDP and CS.
      John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

RC formula: (H + BB - CS) x (Total bases + (.55 x SB)) / (AB + BB)

RC/G formula: Runs Created / ((AB - H + CS) / 25.5)
        Without running the calcs, it seems like the AB elements in both formulas would likely be the cause for the difference here.

Comment

Hmmm... hopefully, I can get to the bottom of this. It makes a difference in how I evaluate trades. Any help would be appreciated.
          some of my music here

Comment

RobR reminded me that we're using the RC/G2 formula on the site, not the one I quoted above:

Runs created per game2 (Neil Bonner)

(SS x 37.96) + (ct% x 10.38) + (bb% x 14.81) – 13.04

where SS, or "swing speed" is defined as

((1B x 0.5) + (2B x 0.8) + (3B x 1.1) + (HR x 1.2)) / (AB - K)

Comment

Okay, thanks
              some of my music here

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                RobR reminded me that we're using the RC/G2 formula on the site, not the one I quoted above:
                Is this formula using BPIs or actual stats, or is there a difference in using ct% and bb% rather than actual walks and strikeouts? I don't want RC/G on MACK to be something "predictive" or I can't use it, especially as it seems to be what is used to determine RAR.
                John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

Originally posted by Astros34 View Post
                  Is this formula using BPIs or actual stats, or is there a difference in using ct% and bb% rather than actual walks and strikeouts? I don't want RC/G on MACK to be something "predictive" or I can't use it, especially as it seems to be what is used to determine RAR.
                  Depends how you set up your MACK report. Both the YTD and Balance of Year values are available there.

Comment

Working...
                  X