Mike Jacobs projected CT%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Jacobs projected CT%

Quick question, wasn't sure where to post this.

Why does Mike Jacobs' projection have him with an 80% Contact Rate this season? Is that due to the new ballpark? Or is HQ just bullish? I understand the projected numbers, but I wonder if 80% isn't wishful thinking.

Any insight would be appreciated.
    To Mordor we will take you.

Florida has (one of) the highest pitcher strikeout rate of all MLB parks. High mound, bad backdrop, something. Getting out of that park and moving to KC gives Jacobs a couple of point bump in projected ct%.

I looked sometime over the winter, and I think his home/road splits for his Marlin career also supported this.

Comment

Thanks. He isn't off to a good start in ST with K's, but 3 homers so far makes me feel a lot better about that.

Comment

I said in another thread that I think Jacobs will be the most commone player on HQ-owners leagues this year. He is listed at MDC as 241. Behind some names like Delgado,Konerko,Blalock,Giambi,Kotchman. I know that I will be leaving my UT spot open and if he drops that low, i will be taking him.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc View Post
          I said in another thread that I think Jacobs will be the most commone player on HQ-owners leagues this year. He is listed at MDC as 241. Behind some names like Delgado,Konerko,Blalock,Giambi,Kotchman. I know that I will be leaving my UT spot open and if he drops that low, i will be taking him.
          Good approach.

Comment

From 2006-2008, Jacobs had a 75% contact rate at home, 78% on the road. Last year, the split was even more pronounced: 72% home, 79% road.

Comment

With his power it's not like he needs an 80% contact rate anyway. Plenty of sluggers get along just fine with a contact rate around 77% or even much lower.

Comment

Originally posted by Ringwraiths View Post
                With his power it's not like he needs an 80% contact rate anyway. Plenty of sluggers get along just fine with a contact rate around 77% or even much lower.
                But incremental gains in ct% will limit his BA downside.

Comment

Working...
                X