No announcement yet.

Lima, rima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW. This is a useful quick and dirty player rater you can use in addition to HQ. It's best to consider a couple of different systems and "triangulate" value (at least to start).

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
    Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

Originally posted by Markus_ls View Post
      ... so this is a good place to look through league advertisements looking for owners.
      There's an unclassified advertisements forum on these message boards. You may get lucky and find an opening league in your area. It's certainly worth checking.
      "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Or post in the Unclassifieds that you're looking for a league in your area.

My personal pref is for auction-style Roto, but all the formats are fun.
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

Thanks Michael and Markus. I will start my "journey" by joining a redraft league. What recommendations do you have to start preparing for a draft? I will use this season to get well acquainted with strategies, formats, daily or weekly games, etc.

Comment

The main lesson is to draft based on skills, not past results. BaseballHQ isn't the only source with that approach, but that lesson is essential (in my opinion) to success. Well, that plus some luck.

I would try to find a league first rather than trying to master all strategies and all formats.
            "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Michael,
              Any suggestions in trying to find a league? My friends and acquaintances have very little interest in sports. My work involves a lot of travel. I preferably would like to avoid major online sites.

Comment

Originally posted by robert finkelstein View Post
                Thanks Michael and Markus. I will start my "journey" by joining a redraft league. What recommendations do you have to start preparing for a draft? I will use this season to get well acquainted with strategies, formats, daily or weekly games, etc.
                I *highly* recommend you take this discussion to the clubhouse forum. Many people don't come down to this forum much. As here, just say you're new and ask a question. GREAT, GREAT people on this site will offer excellent advice from several viewpoints.

Definitely learn about skills as Michael suggests. But you could use that rototimes site and HQ custom valuator to produce a ranked list of players, take that list into a straight draft, and you'd do reasonably well.

Mock Draft Central is a great place to practice drafting and seeing what it feels like. Should be free (at least one option anyway)

My biggest advice: Always draft a TEAM. Don't get caught up in individual players but look to building a coherent unit.
                "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
                Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

Thanks Markus. I will follow your advice and will go to the clubhouse forum.

Comment

Working...
                  X