Lima, rima

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lima, rima

Pardon my ignorance but what are the meanings of LIMA and RIMA?

Robert... I don't have the full text descriptions handy, but I did email them to you last week in response to your customer support query. Did you not receive?

Comment

Lima,rima

Ron,
      Unfortunately I did not receive your e-mail reply. Please resend. Sorry I did not get back to you sooner.
      Robert

Comment

LIMA is Low Investment Mound Aces. It's a theory that says to spend heavily on hitters while limiting pitchers to $60 or so, focusing on middle relievers with skills (6.0 Dom, 2.0 Cmd, 1.0 HR/9) instead of outcomes.

RIMA focuses on managing risk, by targeting players with high reliability.
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

It's kind of ironic that we have a thread going where another fantasy baseball website uses the terms "LIMA" and "RIMA" without attributing them to BaseballHQ or explaining them very well at the same time as this thread.

Anyway, using the search function on the subscriber home page quickly revealed these articles:
          The LIMA plan - 1999
          Refining the LIMA plan - 2001
          Further clarification of LIMA - 2002
          RIMA plan introduced - 2004

Also be aware that RIMA may be out-of-date, given that Ron has developed Total Control Drafting and Portfolio3 since then. Lastly, there have been posts on these forums by Ron indicating that (i) Portfolio3 will be tweaked again and (ii) reliability scores are being revised (which also is evident from the Forecaster).
          "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Resent email just now.

Comment

Ray,
              I received your e-mail today. Thanks.
              Michael,
              Thanks for the links. I am just about to read them.
              Michael,
              Thanks for the synopsis.
              I am brand new to fantasy baseball. I am completely unprepared and inept in preparing for a draft. I appreciate all the input.
              Robert

Comment

Originally posted by robert finkelstein View Post
                I am brand new to fantasy baseball. I am completely unprepared and inept in preparing for a draft. I appreciate all the input.
                Robert
                You've come to the right place! Ask away - we blabber mouths love to answer questions. (Not that we really know what we're talking about though )
                "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
                Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

I am completely unprepared and inept in preparing for a draft.
                  At one time we all were where you are now. This is one of the best places on the Web to become prepared, for not only does HQ give you the fish (player rankings), we also take the time to teach you how to fish (the tools and articles that explain how to use them). If you continue to appreciate input, you'll get the most out of HQ and you'll soon be very good at preparing for a draft.
                  MiLBAnalysis.com / @NickRichardsHQ

Comment

Originally posted by RAY@HQ View Post
                    Resent email just now.
                    He won't resent it--he'll be grateful!
                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                    'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

Originally posted by DAVITT@HQ View Post
                      He won't resent it--he'll be grateful!
                      I'll sanction that comment.
                      "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
                      Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

Robert
                        Your world is about to change. Enjoy the journey!
                        "A republic if you can keep it."

Comment

Thanks everybody. Now I have to determine what league(s) to join and what type of gaming is best.
                          Again, pardon my ignorance. When I look at the massive amounts of information available it becomes overwhelming. For instance, dollar amounts for players (how are they even determined?), dynasty leagues, trades, etc. I feel defeated before I even start. However, I see the passion and love you guys have for the game and I would love to be part of it.
                          Thanks for the help. I intend to be a regular to your community.
                          Robert

Comment

Robert,

Most of us probably first joined one or more leagues, muddled through without BaseballHQ or other sophisticated advice, and then joined this community. Hence, we didn't have to learn all the different league formats.

Regarding what type of league to join, there are lots of differing opinions on that, but the consensus view is that leagues where you see your co-owners face to face and have the opportunity for social interaction generally are more fun than more anonymous on-line only leagues or contests. Beyond that, there's not much consensus as to what is best.
                            "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                              Robert,

Most of us probably first joined one or more leagues, muddled through without BaseballHQ or other sophisticated advice, and then joined this community. Hence, we didn't have to learn all the different league formats.

Regarding what type of league to join, there are lots of differing opinions on that, but the consensus view is that leagues where you see your co-owners face to face and have the opportunity for social interaction generally are more fun than more anonymous on-line only leagues or contests. Beyond that, there's not much consensus as to what is best.
                              Adding to that - it's ALL about the owners. Find a good group (competitive but not antisocial) to get in with and it's awesome. Find a bunch of duds and it's lousy. Most everyone you find on this site is NOT a dud - so this is a good place to look through league advertisements looking for owners.

It's easiest to start with a "redraft" league. (You draft, play the season, then start over the next year.) Keeper/dynasty leagues are much harder and better left (IMHO) until you know more about all the players, the formats, stats, strategies etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X