No announcement yet.

Paid roster advice still available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I now don't see it in once my response is posted even though I saw it when I was typing my response to you. I have officially entered the HQ Twilight Zone.

Comment

I wonder if this is a firewall issue? Do you use a firewall, and could it possibly be blocking that address?

Comment

I do use a firewall - Norton/Symantec but see nothing that says any HQ site is blocked. Besides, I should at least see the address in a post even if I can't access it, shouldn't I?

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty View Post
          I do use a firewall - Norton/Symantec but see nothing that says any HQ site is blocked. Besides, I should at least see the address in a post even if I can't access it, shouldn't I?
          Bingo! Norton Internet Security has an overly-aggressive "ad remover" function which blocks any banner or link it thinks is "adware." And, it uses a number of keywords to determine this. One such rule blocks any address containing '/adv/' - which is what the Personal Advisor address contains. And yes, it actually makes the link invisible to you. There are many companies out there up in arms over this.

You can try either disabling the ad blocker entirely, or disabling it for baseballhq.com.

Comment

Eureka! That was the solution. I went into Ad Blocker and permitted /adv/ for HQ. Thanks to Tom, Beagle and RobR particularly and to the rest of you for your help. I probably would not have noticed my issue if redsoxfan2004 had not noticed the problem on his computer.

Rob, that is why I only got into Duke and not MIT.

Comment

We'll be looking for your Personal Advisor order any day now.

Comment

I'm not sure that my team needs advice as much as an intervention.

Comment

I've done a few where the advice I wanted to give was to pray for divine intervention!
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

Working...
                  X