No announcement yet.

HQ Ad in Rotwire Mag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, taking a risk here and expressing my honest opinion. I guess we are almost finished with this one, and this exchange has left me frustrated.

As a subscriber, I do not understand the reluctance in providing the requested information. It is not a customized list of questions developed by a subscriber. I understand that HQ cannot provide that sort of service. But, HQ developed the list and advertised that list in at least one magazine.

Perhaps the ad should have read, "Even though we at BBHQ know the following information and have it at our fingertips...we will not directly share it with you. Instead we will teach you how to figure it out."

I really have learned a lot from this site and plan to continue. I truly am not trying to be a pain, but at this point I am left to believe that one of the following may be true...
    1) HQ had specific players in mind when preparing the statements in the ad, but unfortunately, will not directly provide the information when requested by HQ subscribers. (I wonder how long would it take to put together that list and I also wonder what harm we would endure if HQ published the list as requested.) Or...
    2) HQ did not have specific players in mind and the statements may be nothing more than teasers.

Either way, poor customer service in my opinion and disappointing to me. Suggestion for better customer service...please teach me to fish, AND answer the questions that I asked days ago. They are not unreasonable considering that HQ thought they were enticing enough to place in Rotowire magazine. In fact, I would not have asked if HQ had not put them in the magazine to begin with. Respectfully, AJP

Comment

I'm with you on this one, AJP. It doesn't change my opinion of BBHQ at all -- I'm hooked as a customer -- but this advertisement strikes me as more misleading than the All-Star Sports ad that folks were complaining about a couple weeks ago.
      "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

AJP, I have repeatedly pointed you to the answers you are looking for. At this point, I am left to believe one of the following may be true...

1) Your pop-up blocker has prevented you from reading the articles I cited or
        2) Your stubborn insistence that the information be neatly packaged in one article is clouding your view of reality (the reality being that HQ has provided exactly what they said they would--just not the way you wanted it to be provided)

Let's review the question that started all of this...
        Originally posted by AJP
        Could you either provide the names of the players or point me in the direction of an article that has the info? Thanks!
        Haven't I done exactly what you asked for?
        Last edited by helloneumn; 03-07-2006, 11:24 PM.
        If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
        -Bill Lyon

Comment

Originally posted by helloneumn
          AJP, I have repeatedly pointed you to the answers you are looking for. At this point, I am left to believe one of the following may be true...

1) Your pop-up blocker has prevented you from reading the articles I cited or
          2) Your stubborn insistence that the information be neatly packaged in one article is clouding your view of reality (the reality being that HQ has provided exactly what they said they would--just not the way you wanted it to be provided)

Let's review the question that started all of this...
          Haven't I done exactly what you asked for?
          The first 2 links you posted result in a "page not found" error message. I, too, would like to know who those mysterious catchers are.

Comment

catchers who *could* hit 20

Barajas, Buck, Mathis, Willingham.

Javier Valentin or Gerald Laird, if either got enough ABs (but neither are likely to get them).
            The two most important things in life are good friends and a strong bullpen. -Bob Lemon

Comment

I believe Mirabelli is on that list as well. And Barret, CHC?
              "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
              Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

Here are the corrected links from Helloneumn's excellent post #8 (also Markus, you might want to correct the link in your signature):

Thread about catchers
                Thread about hidden saves
                Hitting sleepers
                Non-Roster invites that might surprise
                Pitching Sleepers
                Ron's Article about hitters to exceed/fall short of expectations
                "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

I hope we're right about Mathis!
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

Working...
                  X