Read posts not correctly set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read posts not correctly set

I logged in today after not being on for three or four days, and the forum was showing me unread posts back to January 5th and others that had "not been updated since (I) had last logged in" but had posts that I hadn't read. Odd, since I click "mark forums read" every time I log off.
    John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Sorry about that - changed some settings to try to make finding unread posts work better... everything being set as unread was a result of that

-Mike

Comment

Wow, thanks for the quick response!
      John

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means!"--Inigo Montoya, "The Princess Bride"

Comment

I'm getting the same problem. I log on and the system say I have weeks of unread posts? What's going on?
        The only function of baseball forecasting is to make astrology look respectable.

Comment

I'm experiencing the same thing. I'm wondering if there is a way to "mark all read" as a way of fixing this?
          If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
          -Bill Lyon

Comment

I answered my own question. Quick links->mark Forums read
            If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.
            -Bill Lyon

Comment

Is there any way to change the settings so that all posts are marked read when you leave the page? I don't like having to manually do it - on the old board we didn't have to. Thanks.

Comment

Lately, right before I leave a forum session, I go up to the 'quick links' on the header bar and choose 'mark all forums read'. Hope that helps...

Comment

It helps but can you guys change the settings so it does it automatically?

Comment

Originally posted by LongDuckDong
                    It helps but can you guys change the settings so it does it automatically?
                    I HATE forums that mark things read automatically because sometimes I leave a page open for a while and they are all of a sudden marked "read" and I have no idea what I have read.
                    John

Comment

I agree with Astros34--plpease don't set it to mark "All Read" just because I leave. Sometimes I'm not done getting through all the unread threads.
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                      'Put Marvin Miller in the Hall of Fame!'

Comment

Is it an option that could be turned on or off through the options window?

Comment

What's the point of marking all threads as read? Maybe others access the forums different from how I do, but when I ask to read new posts, there's a line below which are the threads that have not been updated since the last time I visited. I just stop reading subject clauses once I get to the line -- I don't need to have the other threads marked as read.
                          "I made baseball as fun as doing your taxes!" -- Bill James on The Simpsons

Comment

I can't speak for anyone else, but I like "marked" threads because I read them forum by forum and don't use the "new posts" feature. I tried "new posts" once and it had me bouncing around from one forum to another so I had trouble remembering where I was. So I just continued manually going forum by forum. Who knows, maybe if I stuck with it I would find that feature much more convenient?
                            "The journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step." Translation: Try to learn something new every day.
                            Leagues: Auction - 15tm Mixed 6x6 ...... Snake - 15tm Mixed 5x5 live, 2x15tm Mixed 5x5 email, 15tm Mixed 5x5 email custom.

Comment

What's the point of marking all threads as read?
                              Maybe others access the forums different from how I do
                              Answered your own question. Just personal preference, thats all.

Comment

Working...
                              X