X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• circle360
    replied
    Originally posted by Astros34
    I would be happy if the post was marked as read immediately after I read it while others were NOT marked as read just because I left or closed the window (because my boss snuck up on me!)

That does suck Astros. Damn those bosses.

Leave a comment:

• Astros34
    replied
    I would be happy if the post was marked as read immediately after I read it while others were NOT marked as read just because I left or closed the window (because my boss snuck up on me!)

Leave a comment:

• circle360
    replied
    Originally posted by Markus_ls
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I like "marked" threads because I read them forum by forum and don't use the "new posts" feature. I tried "new posts" once and it had me bouncing around from one forum to another so I had trouble remembering where I was. So I just continued manually going forum by forum. Who knows, maybe if I stuck with it I would find that feature much more convenient?

I am the same way Markus. I start off in the challenge games then make my way to the clubhouse seection. Since challenge games usually only has a few threads that I havent read. Less confusing that way.

Leave a comment:

• Markus_ls
    replied
    Yes, polls are definitely messed up.

Leave a comment:

• circle360
    replied
    Mike - Whats up with the polls. I have responded to polls but then have wound up on an entirely different thread. has happened a few times in the past few weeks.

Leave a comment:

• LongDuckDong
    replied
    What's the point of marking all threads as read?
    Maybe others access the forums different from how I do
    Answered your own question. Just personal preference, thats all.

Leave a comment:

• Markus_ls
    replied
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I like "marked" threads because I read them forum by forum and don't use the "new posts" feature. I tried "new posts" once and it had me bouncing around from one forum to another so I had trouble remembering where I was. So I just continued manually going forum by forum. Who knows, maybe if I stuck with it I would find that feature much more convenient?

Leave a comment:

• Michael@HQ
    replied
    What's the point of marking all threads as read? Maybe others access the forums different from how I do, but when I ask to read new posts, there's a line below which are the threads that have not been updated since the last time I visited. I just stop reading subject clauses once I get to the line -- I don't need to have the other threads marked as read.

Leave a comment:

• LongDuckDong
    replied
    Is it an option that could be turned on or off through the options window?

Leave a comment:

• PD@HQ
    replied
    I agree with Astros34--plpease don't set it to mark "All Read" just because I leave. Sometimes I'm not done getting through all the unread threads.

Leave a comment:

• Astros34
    replied
    Originally posted by LongDuckDong
    It helps but can you guys change the settings so it does it automatically?
    I HATE forums that mark things read automatically because sometimes I leave a page open for a while and they are all of a sudden marked "read" and I have no idea what I have read.

Leave a comment:

• LongDuckDong
    replied
    It helps but can you guys change the settings so it does it automatically?

Leave a comment:

• RAY@HQ
    replied
    Lately, right before I leave a forum session, I go up to the 'quick links' on the header bar and choose 'mark all forums read'. Hope that helps...

Leave a comment:

• LongDuckDong
    replied
    Is there any way to change the settings so that all posts are marked read when you leave the page? I don't like having to manually do it - on the old board we didn't have to. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• helloneumn
    replied
    I answered my own question. Quick links->mark Forums read

Leave a comment:

Working...
X